Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 SEASON OPENER THREAD: FAU @ #5 Ohio State - August 31st

Add topic

2019 SEASON OPENER THREAD: FAU @ #5 OSU

The Matchup: FAU (0-0) vs. #5 Ohio State (0-0)

When: Saturday, August 31st, 12:00 PM

Where: Ohio Stadium

Weather: Current conditions at Ohio Stadium

The Series: First meeting between the two teams.

Buckeyes Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: FOX

Live Video: None

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU +27

Back to the top

Only Nick Tronti days until - wait, this isn’t my Twitter. 

So we’re six days out and there’s still a lot of unanswered questions about this team. I kind of like that. I like the mystery and waiting to see who emerges, especially at receiver and running back.

I feel like it was the same case in 2017, where we knew some things for sure (Motor/Buddy would be #good, Azeez was proven, Greg Joseph was reliable enough, etc.) but there were a lot of other questions besides QB (receivers, especially with Kalib and Kam out, plus the o-line and the d-line). And look how that season went. 

Right now, we know the tight ends will be good and there’s some proven starters like James Pierre, Rashad Smith and a few offensive linemen. And I’ve been singing James Charles’ praises enough. 

Not saying this year’s team is necessarily more talented than 2017’s, but I do think the sense of mystery make the next couple weeks intriguing. Just need to avoid any further injuries. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Jake, was yesterday’s workout closed to you too? 

Do you think lane will name Chris at QB tomorrow for our final week of prep? 

Is Mitchell healthy? Do you think we keep him out this week since it doesn’t seem worthwhile if he’s recovering to push him back for this game? 
Back to the top

Closed to the world… 
Back to the top

Carl Pelini style!

Saw Jakes tweet about a media call today…I suppose the rest will come later. 
Back to the top

Yep first of the weekly Kiffin tele-pressers…We'll see if he says anything but personally doubt it. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

Jake, was yesterday’s workout closed to you too? 

Do you think lane will name Chris at QB tomorrow for our final week of prep? 

Is Mitchell healthy? Do you think we keep him out this week since it doesn’t seem worthwhile if he’s recovering to push him back for this game? 
Posted On: Aug 25th 2019, 9:26 AM #387732

I’m torn on the QB announcement. Part of me thinks we hear it today because this hasn’t appeared as close as the last two were. (Nothing against Tronti, just Robison has looked great.) Another part thinks the ‘surprise’ lingers. 

We’ll see on Mitchell, same with Pico Harrison. I *would* play them if they’re healthy because I always play to win. But I also think the most important part of Saturday is staying healthy. Don’t come home and begin UCF prep with even more injuries. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I'll have all your answers at 12:09 next Saturday
Back to the top

Kiffin said no decision on the starting QB as of yet, but also that they think they have a good idea and just want to make sure it is the right move.
Back to the top

WR John Mitchell practiced yesterday and is hopeful to play Saturday.
Back to the top
Control functions: