Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-5-19

Add topic

There is no FB app on Roku - the #1 streaming device in the country.  So I have to watch on a mobile device or my laptop and am relegated to the screen size and controls those devices provide for a FB game.  ESPN I can watch on all those devices or I can watch on all my TVs that have Roku.  I can also switch between the games on ABC, all the regular ESPN channels, ACC Network, SEC Network, and the literally dozens of games on ESPN+ at each of the normal start times (between noon and 6).  I have yet to experience any buffering or other issues that weren’t either problems with my own Internet or were from the production being done at the location (I watch a lot of small-school football every Saturday and ESPN+ just provides the platform but the production is done locally).

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I love the access I have to college football now that I didn’t have before. 
Back to the top

FINAL:

WKU 20  Old Dominion 3

The Monarchs put up just 160 yards in total; of which a concerning 55 yards came from 31 carries on the ground.

Ouch.

Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

Marshall 13  MTSU 24

Blue Raiders win their C-USA opener, and go for 261 yards in the air.

Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 6:34 PM #389420

I don’t know Rick I think this was more of a case of Marshall blowing this one than MTSU taking it. I highly doubt our O is going to turn the ball over 4 times. And, even with the 4 turnovers, MTSU only won by 9. Marshall still out gained them by a lot. We got Charlotte to turn it over 3 times or so and blew them out. I think Marshall is over hyped just because they’re Marshall. They had that solid performance against BSU early in the year but since then, seems like the wheels have fallen off. Also, ODU looks like a bad a football team and with the way UAB is letting bottom feeder Rice hang around, WKU’s wins don’t seem all that impressive. I think this league is ours to lose. Wins against Marshall and MTSU should put us in The drivers seat. I can see the WKU game being close since it’s away and it will probably be cold in Bowling Green in November but that game will probably decide C-USA East unless WKU loses beforehand which is totally possible. This Conference has a lot of parity but also a lot of bad teams. We need to be blowing everyone out again like we did in ‘17
Back to the top

Agreed on all points.

I posted the passing yardage in lieu of the assertion that we will not match-up as well as FIU…

FIU likelier than FAU to exploit Marshall's weaknesses? - FAU Owl's Nest

Still salty about that ridiculous notion  :cool:
Back to the top

FINAL:

Massachusetts 0  FIU 44

Fine, the Panthers had a full two weeks to prepare for the Minutemen who beat (now) 0-5 Akron.

Charlotte put 52 up on them, and Coastal Carolina 62.

Meh, they're terrible.

Can't wait for November 11th!

Back to the top

FINAL:

UTSA 26  UTEP 16

The Roadrunners (2-3, 1-1) rack up 320 yards on the ground (6.7 YPC) to take the in-state battle from the Miners (1-4, 0-2).
Back to the top

Rick said

Guess it depends on how you access it then, because it always buffers or simply won't play at times for me no matter what connection carrier…but that's from a laptop…none of the other networks do that, just them.

Oh well….
Posted On: Oct 5th 2019, 5:44 PM #389418

Watched the UAB game on + on my iPad and had bad streaming issues, not sure why it’s better on the TV.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FINAL:

UAB 35   Rice 20

Once again Rice is within reach at 21-20 until lightning struck again, and again, after which they would score no more. 
Back to the top

After rushing for a school-record 189 yards and a touchdown in a victory at UTEP, UTSA freshman RB Sincere McCormick has been named the C-USA Offensive Player of the Week.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to Middle Tennessee senior S Jovante Moffatt, who had 14 tackles and two interceptions in the Blue Raiders conference-opening victory over Marshall.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to FIU senior PR Maurice Alexander, who had a 90-yard punt return for a touchdown and 140 total punt return yards in a win over Massachusetts.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top
Control functions: