Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions: 2019 Game 6 FAU vs MTSU

This is a huge week for the FAU football team! If FAU can beat MTSU like many of the computer projections are saying like SP+, ESPN FPI, Number fire I believe we could go on a run in the conference. I do have concerns about the game just because MTSU always seems to find a way to beat FAU. But even in MTSU's win against Marshall they gave up 570+ yards, and that is very telling. We will be able to move the ball. If we can just finish off drives, and not commit turnovers I see us covering easily.

FAU wins 45-24
Back to the top

I'm with you Delta.  I'll come in a little different.  FAU  42. MTSU 27.  We may score as much as 48. But I'm being conservative
Back to the top

I really don’t view MTSU as a strong team and Marshall is probably overrated. 49-22 Owls get a W and are prepared to go on a serious run
Back to the top

I didn’t accomplish either of my bye week fearless predictions. Tough luck. 

1) I think FAU wins 42-20. MTSU has had flashes this year but their run defense can’t stop FAU’s ground game. 
2. Malcolm Davidson earns a heavy number of carries and runs for 120+ yards and two touchdowns. I think he and McCammon wind up being the 1A/1B we thought McCammon/Charles or McCammon/Emmons would be. 
3. Harrison Bryant finally scores a TD, as do John Raine and John Mitchell. Larry McCammon also hits paydirt. 
4. QBs play similar to Charlotte: Robison doesn’t tear up the defense like he did against BSU or Wagner but he manages everything fine and Tronti gets some reps 
5. Here’s a real bold one: announced attendance comes very close - or even passes - 20,000. 4 p.m. game, so not too early and not too late. I know I’ve talked about getting the fringe FAU fans in the area to come to games … this I think is the type of game you need them at. Do they come? And is the experience enough to where they come back?

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Love you Jake. 1,2,3,and 4 are absolutely realistic. #5 … .ugh.
Back to the top

Probably sounds negative, but I think the way we handled the crowd at the UCF game 20k+ vs MTSU is unlikely.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Jake said “announced” attendance and not butts in seats.  I have certainly seen announced attendance at 15-18k when there were probably about 10-12k actually in the stands, so maybe we get close to his number.  

The game is hard to handicap primarily because against non-P5 competition it is hard to tell how good either team truly is yet.  If Marshall really isn’t very good, MTSU’s win doesn’t tell us much.  If Charlotte isn’t very good our win over the 49ers doesn’t mean a whole lot.  We don’t know about all those teams yet even though we are approaching the halfway point. 

History has shown this to be a fairly tough game for the Owls.  I’ll stick with the wise-guys and go with FAU winning somewhere around 37-27.  I hope I am wrong and we win by 3+ scores.
Back to the top

Our team is trending upward. This continues Saturday. FAU 42 MTSU 24. Robison throws for over 300 yards, Harrison gets his first TD 90 receiving yards. Stock beats his dad. Go Owls! 
Back to the top

For whatever reason I think we’ll struggle on offense. FAU 33-30
Back to the top

I think if our OL plays well, we won't have any trouble on offense. We have so many medium/deep threats for Robison on the passing game. He's had no trouble picking up 300 yrds last couple of games. We need to keep that going and mix in some interesting plays with tronti and the RB group. I can't see us scoring less than 40 on this matchup.

If our OL collapses, we're gonna be in for a long day.
Back to the top
Control functions: