Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

In what way ?
Back to the top

Winning ugly is important in a big season, we looked like we had lost all of our mo with the week off and definitely came out rusty. These are the games we’ve lost in the past. Great D adjustments and Tronti was a perfect jolt of energy. Robo had a bad day and we still won, that’s big. 

Attendance won’t pick up for a few weeks and wins, if we keep streaming we’ll see improvements. Don’t forget, we had the stage to excite the community and fell flat on our face. No way I can convince my neighbors to come back out because MTSU is “really good, I swear!” A story line needs to develop around the program, then people will come back. 

Friday will be here soon!!  BIG GAME! 
Back to the top

I agree but we had more people at the Wagner game… SMH. 

Yesterday's crowd was sad… 

They doubled student tickets and they simply don't care about some games given other competing social options. 
Back to the top

I left at halftime to get something to eat and I didn’t like the way they were playing. Was very surprised MTSU didn’t score in the 2nd half bc they were moving the ball a lot on the 1st half. When I left at ht I really didn’t have a good feeling about the game but it ended up great
Back to the top

teambeer said

Winning ugly is important in a big season, we looked like we had lost all of our mo with the week off and definitely came out rusty. These are the games we’ve lost in the past. Great D adjustments and Tronti was a perfect jolt of energy. Robo had a bad day and we still won, that’s big. 

Attendance won’t pick up for a few weeks and wins, if we keep streaming we’ll see improvements. Don’t forget, we had the stage to excite the community and fell flat on our face. No way I can convince my neighbors to come back out because MTSU is “really good, I swear!” A story line needs to develop around the program, then people will come back. 

Friday will be here soon!!  BIG GAME! 
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 8:31 AM #389700

This. The UCF game from a game and event standpoint disappointed big time. The casual fan will need a lot more convincing than 4 straight wins against G5/FCS foes to get excited. Just for comparison, my buddy invited me on his boat, my wife wanted to go to the huge pumpkin patch off State Rd 7 and my cousin went to see Joker at iPic theatre in Mizner then watch the rest of the games at Yard House. South FL is what it is and for many people, even for alumni of the school, there is just so much more to do than watch a competitive G5 team for 3 hours. At least we had some NFL legends on OUR sideline. More star power like that will help us become the place to be on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of South Florida.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I left at halftime to get something to eat and I didn’t like the way they were playing.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 11:01 AM #389704

Unbelievable just unbelievable!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

@dusky, your simple statement says so much.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I left at halftime to get something to eat and I didn’t like the way they were playing. Was very surprised MTSU didn’t score in the 2nd half bc they were moving the ball a lot on the 1st half. When I left at ht I really didn’t have a good feeling about the game but it ended up great

REALLY!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!

By the way, ALL CAPS INTENDED! :Laughing:
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Now seriously, with the experience of last years second half "adjustments" and player "performances" this could be understandable. But we hopefully have learned now that this is a different year and a different better staff!

Go Owls, good (not great) win, battle all 60 minutes and you will be rewarded usually!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@dusky, your simple statement says so much.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 3:21 PM #389708
I don’t want to get into a big discussion with him about it but I just can’t believe a “fan” would leave at halftime to get something to eat.  I just don’t get it.

I can’t remember the game last year but we were getting killed and there was a night game on I wanted to se so I told my son we were going to leave early.  He looked at me and said I’m staying until the end.  Won’t happen again, he was right.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: