Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - October 12, 2019

Add topic

I'm sure every local here has been to every game the last 3 years….
Back to the top

Every game but one since inception for 19 years. That’s disturbing now that I wrote it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Every game but one since inception for 19 years. That’s disturbing now that I wrote it.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 5:33 PM #389713

You're definitely a trooper Dusky!  :Laughing:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

After being right on my predictions that I’m embarrassed I must say I was totally wrong in my half time assessment. I thought we were in store for ‘18 la tech and Charlotte. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 5:21 PM #389712

4 missed home games since the start…1 broken leg, 2 weddings and a vacation. 

Sat thru every 1-11 game and took it like a man! I’m a glutton for punishment but that Alfred UAB win was the most rewarding game I’ve ever witnessed…but hey, hope dinner was good! 
Back to the top

They also weren’t playing well and I had no clue it would be FAU 16-0 in the 2nd half. While I’m glad Noel was playing, I do think Ettiene got a bad rap. If it’s open season on starting OL, why not Diaz?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

They also weren’t playing well and I had no clue it would be FAU 16-0 in the 2nd half. While I’m glad Noel was playing, I do think Ettiene got a bad rap. If it’s open season on starting OL, why not Diaz?
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 8:02 PM #389717

Just stop, you left to get something to eat.  Nobody knew it would be 16 -0 in the 2nd half, that’s why you stay to watch the game and support the team and program.  Just stop!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

teambeer said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 5:21 PM #389712

4 missed home games since the start…1 broken leg, 2 weddings and a vacation. 

Sat thru every 1-11 game and took it like a man! I’m a glutton for punishment but that Alfred UAB win was the most rewarding game I’ve ever witnessed…but hey, hope dinner was good! 
Posted On: Oct 13th 2019, 7:28 PM #389716

It’s our team “no matter what!”  😎

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

As someone who sat through endless rain delays and watched the clock strike zero when we lost 52-3 against WKU, I can not fathom leaving a game earlier.

We spend all offseason craving every little morsel of football news new or talk we can get our eyes on all for roughly 36 hours of game time.

I appreciate every second I get to spend in that stadium watching football.
Back to the top

Disclaimer: This post is pointed at no one, and is intended to be a "Devil's Advocate" editorial response to conglomerate dialogue, so please hold the tomatoes.

I devote (with no compensation whatsoever) about 15 hours of my time weekly during football season to this site's operation but must admit that I haven't been able to go to games in person for the last two years because I am caring full time for my dad, who has cancer and a hell on earth life right now…haven't missed a game with him though thanks to electronic attendance.

In all reality, 2,000 people left at half time based on the crowd shots…burn them all at the stake.

:Laughing:

There are also millions of other South Florida residents, and even FAU students, who will never even whiff as much as a fart from FAU football's nickers.

That said, anyone who takes the time to buy a ticket, or receive one for free, and goes (suffering through the potential logistics issues) for one minute is fine by me.

Enjoy for us (dad is an alum as well) while you are there!

This is a fan site, and get that it is primarily a die-hard audience, but it doesn't mean that those who are not should be judged on their participation.

If that's the case, I'll be the first to take a shot.

LOTS of people read here, and never post…very likely that they never even went to the game as well.

But at least they are engaged…

Win them over, present a reason to attend, and stay away from giving them a reason not to.

Food for thought…

Back to the top
Control functions: