Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fearless Predictions 2019: Game 7 FAU vs Marshall

I am gonna start out by saying this game scares the hell outta me. Even though Marshall has not been very good this year it is one of the very few teams who matches up talent wise to us. I like that we do get Marshall on a short week at home which always brings a little bit of an extra challenge to the road team. Also hopefully we have a decent crowd since it is homecoming, but I wont hold my breath since it is a Friday night and last weeks crowd. I think the key to this game is Isiah Green if he can find consistency in this game there is no doubt in my mind Marshall wins. But if he continues the play we have seen this year I think FAU will pick him off a couple times and that will ultimately decide the game. SP+ has this as a very tight game with us winning by 3. Some other computer projections I have looked at is numberFire has us as almost 12 point victors, and ESPN FPI has us at a 70% chance to win.

In saying all this Marshall wins and keeps their conference hopes alive:

Marshall 27 FAU 20
Back to the top

Took care of this one, and the others, but please add the year to these moving forward  :cool:

Thanks!
Back to the top

Happy about our four game winning streak. I think Lane & co. have been doing a great job making the best out of our players. I believe we were a little rusty last week as we did not put many points up in the first half but we made the right adjustments during half time. I expect more points in the first half this game as we are back into the momentum of things. I think Lane has had this game circled because we got killed last year, i believe the worst loss we have had in the conference under lane.

I am looking forward to another revenge game and a better crowd on Friday. FAU 38 Marshall 18

Go owls!
Back to the top

Robison bounces back.  Defense gives up a bunch of plays, but makes a big play in the 4th qtr.  announced attendance of 18k, actual attendance of 12-13k.

35-31 owls
Back to the top

I think Marshall is overrated and we can beat them. Robison bounces back. 42-27 Owls
Back to the top

Receivers aren’t feasting on the better CUSA teams. This whole talk about Robison having a bad game is ridiculously inaccurate just like all of last year. Our receivers aren’t getting open against solid teams, it happened with UCF and OSU and they’ve only really done well against bad teams. Nothing to do with Robison just Diaz continues to be a huge liability with the run blocking. Still mad at Ettiene getting called out. All of our supposedly underperforming  Guards have 1 think in common. Their center was Diaz. I’m going with my heart. FAU 27-26
Back to the top

It's a short week and a rivalry game.  

Love the 4 game winning streak, but if you do the whole transitive thing…those wins dont look so good.

In my mind, this is our first game we play somebody whose talent is on par with ours.

Like to see us out coach them, we are going to need the defense to play very well.  

FAU 24 Marshall 20

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Robison has a bounce back game. The game is tight in the first half. In the second half, our D steps up and comes up with INT. Robison throws for 3 TDS and one of the RB has rush TD. FAU  31 Marshall 21 
Back to the top

I'm starting to wonder a little bit if our offense is actually as good as we think.  Heck the kitties put up more pts against uncc than we did. D wins us this one 23-17 fau.  
Back to the top

I said earlier in the year that our D will win a game or two. This is one of them. Smith and Leroy will cause so many problems and we will get a couple turnovers. Chris robison will be smart and safe. Fau 31- marshall 20.
Back to the top
Control functions: