Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - October 18, 2019

Add topic

Rick said

He does need to roll out more…like what Howard used to do with Rusty…mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Anyway, take away the two longs between Davidson and McCammons and you have 61 total yards, and 3.18 YPC, from their 16 attempts. The vast majority of the time they got no where to sustain drives. That's what I was referring to.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2019, 4:41 PM #389986

This is a different type of offense and is based on RPO's and motion. We can put in some designed rollouts, but in the end, Chris needs to make the correct reads as Lane said.

Lane said after the game should have been a there were 4-5 plays where the ball was held when it should not have.

FAU run game is based on rhythm and keeping teams off-balanced, so when it's 2nd and 15 because Chris made a poor read it is hard to run.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Rick said

He does need to roll out more…like what Howard used to do with Rusty…mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Anyway, take away the two longs between Davidson and McCammons and you have 61 total yards, and 3.18 YPC, from their 16 attempts. The vast majority of the time they got no where to sustain drives. That's what I was referring to.

This is a different type of offense and is based on RPO's and motion. We can put in some designed rollouts, but in the end, Chris needs to make the correct reads as Lane said.

Lane said after the game should have been a there were 4-5 plays where the ball was held when it should not have.

FAU run game is based on rhythm and keeping teams off-balanced, so when it's 2nd and 15 because Chris made a poor read it is hard to run.

Posted On: Oct 19th 2019, 9:31 PM #389995

Shane what is your honest assessment of the team going forward this year? I said 8-4 and a bowl win before we played Ohio State and I still think that could be the case but 7-5 might be more realistic. During that 4 game win streak we played 3 very bad teams and aside from ODU, UTSA and FIU, I don’t know about the games against Western and So. Miss. If we win out we probably end up East Division champs but I don’t see it happening. Thoughts?
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 19th 2019, 9:31 PM #389995

When a team is penetrating your offensive line like there is no tomorrow, it can be whatever it is from a scheme point of view, but you are running for your life, and the only way to buy time is to roll out.

It wasn't 4-5 plays, they sacked us 7 times, while adding countless other hurries.

Back to the top
Control functions: