Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Life Without Robison?

With QB Chris Robison leaving midway though the ODU game, the FAU coaching staff and Owl fans may have to begin to think what the team will look like without him.

What kind of effect will this have on the team with a big test at WKU upcoming?

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Here's the video of his injury for reference.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Based on what I saw Tronti throw today… let’s just hope Chris can play
Back to the top

Tronti made several short passes. That and his run-game. I think the problem and answer depend moreso on whether or not we acknowledged his (relative) limitations and whether or not we call plays with that in mind. That said, Chris didn't look too bothered (physically) on the sideline (though the medical staff took him out and Kiffin doesn't know his status…?), watching his 30-whatever point lead extend further. Here's hoping he's OK, regardless of score and record.
Back to the top

My gut says precautionary measures for Chris. He was still in his pads, had no medical devices on, and after one score I saw him fistpump with both hands. 

Given the score and circumstances, it was prudent to Rest him the rest of the way. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

My gut says precautionary measures for Chris. He was still in his pads, had no medical devices on, and after one score I saw him fistpump with both hands. 

Given the score and circumstances, it was prudent to Rest him the rest of the way. 
Posted On: Oct 26th 2019, 8:29 PM #390285

Agreed. No sling no nothing. If he needed to go back in, he would have. Good win today. Let’s keep it going next week against WKU. Hopefully Marshall drops one soon. 
Back to the top

My gut tells me CRob is ok and was out for precautionary reasons. I am surprised by how slow he seems to be; some of those recruiting sites had him as a dual threat..but for the most part I cringe when he tucks and runs.
Back to the top

Tronti isn’t a stiff by any means, he was Florida Mr. Football in 2016. He’s a gadget guy now but he had options to play quarterback. That being said I hope Chris is fine and that the medical team is simply staying on the side of caution. 

Overall pretty good game from what ESPN+ allowed me to see. The tightends need to keep getting the ball 10-16 times per game. They are a mismatch all over the field and much better blockers than we give them credit for. 
Back to the top

I think Robison is such a tough kid he could play out the season even if he has an injury. Will he is the question. If someone gets a paper cut in 2019 they have to go through an evaluation. Will the coaches let him play through injury is the question. 
I think what Robison is doing is amazing. He is underrated I think. He goes through reads really fast. So many times he gets to a 3rd read quick. Hell even go back to other reads if he has enough time. Most college starting QB’s don’t go through their reads fast. If Tronti starts, I don’t think we’ll play as well. It seems pike they have no faith in Tronti throwing the ball. I don’t understand that.
Back to the top

The WKU pas D is far weaker than their run D, even with a strong pass rush. They held Know for Marshall to 84 yards with a long run of 16 and take our a 42 yd. TD run by a WR they gave up only 129 yards rushing to Marshall on 33 attempts. WKU DID allow 230 yds. passing on 20/31 from QB Green with only 1 sack so that quick read, quick release we are talking about will be needed that Robison did not do well vs. Marshall D.

If we DO this though, we can win IF our D keeps up the pressure and tackles.

The WKU O HAS gotten better through the year so we will need that!
Back to the top
Control functions: