Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ WKU - November 2, 2019

Add topic

I can assure you that injuries,  even for little ole FAU,  come into play..
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Home field advantage is usually good for 2 or 3 points, so seems like the oddsmakers think this is basically even.  CR and Davidson’s injuries I am sure factor in to some degree - those guys don’t miss (or overlook) anything. 
Posted On: Oct 27th 2019, 11:28 PM #390312

If both were 100% we would possibly be favored but I really don't care AT ALL about betting lines, just W's!!!!

Back to the top

I’m firmly of the belief that we won’t know about Robison until kickoff and that’s exactly how Lane wants it. 

I don’t think he’s that hurt and will go, but WKU spending the week preparing for both types of offenses helps us greatly. 

Per Jake, Trent Wessell is our #3, which I found odd. I thought Trent got game time against ODU as that kind of “it’s your final year you’ve worked hard” reward time, not because he was next in line. Agner was truly vying for the starting role this spring, surely he’s ahead on the depth chart, no? 
Back to the top

teambeer said

I don’t think he’s that hurt and will go, but WKU spending the week preparing for both types of offenses helps us greatly.  
Posted On: Oct 28th 2019, 7:18 AM #390315

*Ding Ding Ding*

Back to the top

teambeer said

I’m firmly of the belief that we won’t know about Robison until kickoff and that’s exactly how Lane wants it. 

Per Jake, Trent Wessell is our #3, which I found odd. I thought Trent got game time against ODU as that kind of “it’s your final year you’ve worked hard” reward time, not because he was next in line. Agner was truly vying for the starting role this spring, surely he’s ahead on the depth chart, no? 

There have been a few games where FAU only dressed three *true* QBs: Robison, Tronti and Trent. Posey dressed as a WR for those games, but I guess he makes four. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

teambeer said

There have been a few games where FAU only dressed three *true* QBs: Robison, Tronti and Trent. Posey dressed as a WR for those games, but I guess he makes four. 
Posted On: Oct 28th 2019, 11:56 AM #390318

Is Agner just totally out of the mix
Now?
Back to the top

Given we still have an outside chance at the division, I would assume Lane would put whoever gives the team the best chance to win in at QB.  So that means the question of who the real #3 QB is could become important if CR misses time (either now or in the next couple of weeks).

There is no reason to try and hold Agner out of games to preserve eligibility, so I have to assume Trent is truly who Lane feels is the 3rd best QB on the roster.  If CR is out, and Tronti really struggled throwing the ball, would we turn things over to Wessel or would Posey or Agner step back into a QB role?  I have no idea about Wessel other than what is on his bio from the team page.

And this is deep-level stuff that I don't expect to have to worry about.  If we are down to who we are going to have step in to start from our 3rd-string at QB we are in trouble  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

LawOwl said

JakeElman said

teambeer said

Posted On: Oct 28th 2019, 11:56 AM #390318

Is Agner just totally out of the mix
Now?
Posted On: Oct 28th 2019, 12:45 PM #390319
He has missed a lot of practices with what seems to be an unknown illness.
Back to the top

WKU Head Coach Tyson Helton from his FAU Week presser…

"This a good offense, Coach Kiffin does a great job with his football team; they'll really test us defensively. I do think it's another game offensively where we have to get 30-plus points. If the defense plays solid and holds them to 20-something, we have to go get 30-something. If we do that, I feel good about it."
Back to the top

If we hold them to 20 something and we get 30 something, I feel good about it.  That is a bit of rocket science right there!
Back to the top
Control functions: