Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2020 Early & National Signing Day Periods Thread

Add topic

It is supposed to be 9:30, but we are still waiting.
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Local Owl said

Many needs met today. I'm loving the Rogers transfer. Coming home to play. A juco , coming home to play. If we can ever get these guys to not leave , FAU  will be a dominant team. Coach needs to settle in, recruit, win ,and repeat. He needs to finish what Howard  and Lane started. He needs to make FAU  the most in demand destination for football players in South Florida. Keep the star players in paradise.
Posted On: Dec 18th 2019, 7:48 PM #392429

Agree with your sentiment 100% but with FAU NOT being a Power 5 program that will never happen! I don't like the word and try to never use it but I HATE the designations and division the Power 5/Group of 5 labels bring. Was that really needed NCAA/ESPN?????
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 6:48 AM #392432

If Boise state can land a 4 star Qb and Cincinnati has 2 4 star commits, then there is no reason we can’t some day do the same. 

Remember, Houston landed the top overall recruit in Ed Oliver. 

Also, it wasn’t too long ago that tcu was in the same conference as Hawaii. 

Ucf wins all these games with recruiting classes not much better than ours. It’s about finding a few diamonds in the rough and DEVELOPING talent. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Gore chooses Southern Miss.

Gore is a great talent, but a bit of roster mismanagement forced FAU's hand.
Back to the top

Sorry to see he chose S. Miss over FAU, big mistake IMHO. S. Miss does not have a good rushing attack and emphasizes the pass way over the run, just look to our win over them!

Oh well, we have a stable of good backs already and can now use that scholly for another real need. So glad we emphasized the lines so far and hope we continue to do so!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Sorry to see he chose S. Miss over FAU, big mistake IMHO. S. Miss does not have a good rushing attack and emphasizes the pass way over the run, just look to our win over them!

Oh well, we have a stable of good backs already and can now use that scholly for another real need. So glad we emphasized the lines so far and hope we continue to do so!
Posted On: Dec 19th 2019, 11:58 AM #392448

How do you know he had a choice……..?
Back to the top

So Shane, are you saying that FAU had withdrawn the offer??? Could be, I don't know, but bottom line is we have other WAY more important needs than RB, right?
Back to the top

Yes, that's the bottom line…
Back to the top

When you’re pulling offers from Frank Gore’s son you know you’re going great in the right direction. Although I’m a little worried about the 2021 RB’s if Davidson goes pro. He’s unbelievable and an NFL starter 
Back to the top

Having a scholarship imbalance and being forced to skip out on a talent like Gore is not a good thing.

The kid is a heck of a player and I wish we did not take as many risks last year to put us in this position.
Back to the top
Control functions: