Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Boca Bowl Game Thread - SMU @ FAU - Dec 21st @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

Super proud of this team! I didn’t see that coming at all. I get a lot of joy when Florida schools pound overrated Texas athletes. Some of the most fun I had at a game since we steam rolled UNT at home for kinda the same reasons.

One thing I don’t think should be overlooked is Willie Wright looks to be back to form. I didn’t feel a drop off from him to Antoine at all. Keys are officially handed over to Willie no reason this kind of success can’t continue!
Back to the top

Great game last night. The dedication, the heart and soul, the energy…..That shite is contagious….

Congrats men, you deserve it!

God Bless!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Back to the top

How about this little nugget. FAU is 17-5 at home the last 3 seasons. I was really nervous during this game bc I wanted us to win so bad for a shot at the top 25. The only time I’ve ever been this jacked for an FAU game was Oklahoma State in 2005. We’ve come a long way and this is an incredible win. 
Back to the top

I was surprised (as was SMU) that we went man to man on them. We did not go to zone until we got up by 3 TDs.

We dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
Back to the top

rook01 said

I was surprised (as was SMU) that we went man to man on them. We did not go to zone until we got up by 3 TDs.

We dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
Posted On: Dec 22nd 2019, 10:53 AM #392702

Do we normally play zone? Our pass defense has been terrible all season and somehow we excelled at it yesterday.
Back to the top

Depends on whether the team runs the ball. Some times the secondary has to support against the run which means you have to go man. Passing teams we play zone or a combination of man with help underneath to switch on the pick plays and crossing routes.
Back to the top

I predicted 7 wins. Happily shocked. Thanks to the coaches for their hard work and dedication. I will follow and root for each of you through out your careers. Go owls
Back to the top
Control functions: