Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Announces Agreement with Independence Bowl

Add topic

Conference USA has announced an agreement with the Independence Bowl as part of the league’s future bowl lineup that will span the six-year cycle from 2020-25.

In this agreement, C-USA is guaranteed to send a team to the Shreveport, Louisiana-based bowl in 2021 and 2025.  The C-USA representative is scheduled to face BYU in both the 2021 and 2025 seasons.  The Independence Bowl also holds agreements with the Pac-12, American Athletic Conference and Army West Point during the six years.

“We are pleased to continue our partnership with this outstanding bowl in future years,” said C-USA Commissioner Judy MacLeod. “The Independence Bowl fits very well in our conference’s geographic footprint and they will do a great job hosting our teams, schools and their fans.”

Current C-USA teams have made nine total appearances in the Independence Bowl.  Louisiana Tech has appeared five times, posting a 3-1-1 record, including a 14-0 win over Miami this past December; Southern Miss has played three times with a 2-1 mark; and UTEP has appeared in the game once, losing to Southern Miss in 1988.

Additional future bowl agreements for 2020-2025 are expected to be announced soon. Conference USA is guaranteed seven bowl appearances in each of year of the new cycle.

Conference USA Media Relations
Back to the top

Sounds like the ACC backed out of the Indy Bowl. Guess they'd much rather play the Big Ten's #9 team in Detroit instead of playing a strong mid-major program in the South. Shame that this is the direction of CFB.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

At least CUSA getting back into a mid level bowl game again!
Back to the top
Control functions: