Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Binghamton vs FAU Feb 21-23, 2020

Add topic

Has it been raining in Boca today? We have clear skies and 70 degrees here in Tampa.  :Big-Grin:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Nope and doesn't look like it's going to either.

(not sure why they postponed the game)
Back to the top

I hate hate hate Sunday double headers. Real good way to get a loss with a split. 10 am start. Hopefully the pitchers in game one can be solid and we can get through with only  two relievers. I don't know how deep we are  and double headers early in the year hurt .
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I hate hate hate Sunday double headers. Real good way to get a loss with a split. 10 am start. Hopefully the pitchers in game one can be solid and we can get through with only  two relievers. I don't know how deep we are  and double headers early in the year hurt .

Posted On: Feb 23rd 2020, 8:02 AM #394209

Agree,  unfortunately it doesn't look like we're where we need to be yet with our pitching.  23 runs in 4.5 games against weak competition(fgcu looks down this season)is very concerning.  Honestly our offensive production has been a little disappointing also considering who we've played.  Of course it's still very early and guys should start getting settled in and more in a groove every game.  The next week and a half could be ugly though if things dont get tightened up.  
Back to the top

Game Two is a go! Beautiful weather in Boca today, so no need to worry about any reason delays.

Back to the top

Third inning update. FAU leads Binghamton thanks to an RBU single from Summerall.

Back to the top

We will be able to tell a lot after the first week of March. My guess,  we have weaker pitching than in the past seasons. Time will tell.
Back to the top

Pitching may be weaker but this lineup is strong from top to bottom. Some of our bench guys could easily start at other good programs. At the same time, I expect Josey to improve as the season goes on. He gave up his runs late in his start, which is likely a byproduct of it being early and the season and he not being stretched out just yet.

As for today's game….. 9 left on base through 4. That is a LOT.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Owls bats have awoken! 

Back to the top

As I hoped, FAU  only used two relievers. Lots of options in game three. I feel good about our chances.
Back to the top
Control functions: