Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS PLAY GAME THREAD: FAU @ ODU - March 1, 2020

Add topic

WE'RE TIED!!!!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

End of regulation, FAU is tied with ODU at 68.

Back to the top

Final. ODU beats FAU 85-80.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019-20 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Man, disappointing result at the end of the day. But all things considered, I'm very proud with how this team fought back in a hostile environment against a good ODU side and their stout defense.

Back to the top

Looking at the team comparison stats, we lost this game in two places: rebounds and free throws.

In our preview, we talked about how strong of a rebounding team ODU is thanks mostly to Aaron Carter pacing the league in boards. So no surprise that ODU won that battle, but by 11 rebounds is a bit worry-some. We are missing a true dominant big-man down low. Think Brett Royster or Ron Delph for example.

Free throws were all home cookin'. Again, in the preview, we talked about ODU's strong defense. But ODU had 21 more attempts on the charity stripe that the Owls. That's a joke.

Finally, this is FAU's first loss after scoring 80 or more points.

Back to the top

We'll go again on Wednesday to close the regular season with a chance to do a double over Marshall.

Back to the top

Rick said

Despite the opening line of +5 for FAU, I have this game even…well, actually ODU by .4 points.

Let's see what type of defensive adjustments we can make and execute in the paint. This was the reason we lost earlier in the season (34-19 ODU).

In the words of historic Miami Heat announcer Eric Reid's 1996-97 season tagline, Hope they are the "Road Warriors"!

Posted On: Feb 29th 2020, 9:47 PM #394321

Spot on for the first 40.

Back to the top

Tough loss.  Solid overall and quite a few guys stepped up today.  Have to be more consistent at the line.  

Still have hope against Marshall to end .500.  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Certainly didn't help that ODU had one of their best games offensively all season. Naturally, it just had to be against us.

Back to the top
Control functions: