Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS PLAY GAME THREAD: FAU @ Marshall - March 4, 2020

Add topic

FAU Visits Marshall in Bonus Play for Final Game of the Regular Season

What: FAU (16-14, 8-9) @ Marshall (14-15, 8-8)

When: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: Cam Henderson Center

Series: The Herd enjoy a 7-3 mark over the Owls, but FAU won this year's previous contest 91-73

TV: Stadium

Stream: CUSA.tv *Fee

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

Marshall Team Site: Here

Marshall at a Glance:

Offense - 74.7 PPG, 44% FG, 31% 3PT

Defense - 72.5 PPGA, 40% FGA, 33% 3PTA

Rebounding - 38.3 RPG Herd, 41.1 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Herd return to the floor after a six day hiatus. They have a 1-1 showing so far in bonus play.

Despite trailing in most major statistical categories, Marshall defeated Old Dominion 74-66 for their third straight win over the Monarchs to begin pod action.

However, sophomore guard Taevion Kinsey's 22 points team-high seven assists was not enough to stave off UAB  in the second contest, as the Blazers came away 88-80 victors in Birmingham behind a strong showing off the glass and bench scoring.

Kinsey continues to pace the Herd in scoring (16.1 ppg), and assists ( 4.1 pg). He's also 2nd in rebounding with 4.9 grabs per outing.

Marshall will close out their pod play against UTSA on the road in San Antonio.

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 70.9 PPG, 43% FG, 32% 3PT

Defense - 69.1 PPGA, 44% FGA, 33% 3PTA

Rebounding - 36.6 RPG Owls, 34.9 RPG Opponents

Notables

The Owls saw their 2-0 start to Bonus Play slip after a tough 85-80 overtime loss to Old Dominion on Sunday afternoon. Flipping the result of the season's earlier meeting, FAU was able to dominate in the paint 49-35 and overcame an 11 point deficit four times to force the extra frame.

However, a 1-of-6 showing from downtown in the final period proved to be clincher, while the Monarchs drained 10-of-11 at the line to wrap up the win before a vocal announced crowd of 5,031.

With the loss, national post season possibilities for the team took a substantial hit, as the hidden line in the sand of 20 wins will now require a win against Marshall in the final game of the regular season, and three more in the tournament.

Forward Jailyn Ingram's 19 points against ODU moved him into 10th place in career scoring with 1,020 points to his credit. He needs 18 more to surpass Ray Taylor (1,037, 2009-12) for the 9th slot.

Fellow forward Aleksandar Zecevic (6.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg) is probable against Marshall after tweaking his ankle late in the first half against Old Dominion.

Despite their 18 point dismissal of Marshall earlier in the season in Boca Raton, FAU will likely be 3.5 point underdogs against the Herd when the official opening line is announced.

Opening Line: FAU +5.5

Additional Links:

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Season Discussion Thread - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

FAU opens as +5.5 point underdogs for tonight's regular season and Bonus Play finale.
Back to the top

Good to see Ingram inserted back into the lineup tonight.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

This game is on TV up here. That’s a rare treat!!!

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

This game is on TV up here. That’s a rare treat!!!
Posted On: Mar 4th 2020, 7:14 PM #394374

AWESOME!!! Enjoy the game!

Back to the top

Karlis Silins hits this corner three to keep FAU within two possessions.

Back to the top

HALFTIME. Marshall leads FAU 45-38.

The Owls are playing well. Offensively, defensively, rebounding, all solid so far. MU is impressively hitting contested shots.

Back to the top

Well would you look at that… Marshall is FINALLY missing shots.

Back to the top

Sloppy play by FAU and poor shooting. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

While FAU has found their stride offensively, so has Marshall. The Herd have made 8 of their last 9 FGs!

Back to the top
Control functions: