Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 C-USA TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU vs. UNT - Second Round

Add topic

Survive and advance. Next up for FAU: No. 1 UNT.

What: No. 9 Florida Atlantic (17-15, 9-10) vs. No. 1 North Texas (20-11, 14-4)

When: Thursday, March 12th, @ 7:00 PM Eastern

Where: Ford Center at The Star

Series: UNT is 13-6 all time vs. FAU, including an 81-58 win this season in Early January.

TV: None

Stream: Stadium

Radio: FoxSports 640

Live Stats: Here

ODU Team Site: Here

UNT at a Glance:

Offense - 71.1 PPG, 48% FG, 40% 3PT

Defense - 63.3 PPGA, 42% FGA, 35% 3PTA

Rebounding - 32.3 RPG Mean Green, 29.3 RPG Opponents

Notables

Mean Green will play their first game of the C-USA Tournament after earning a first round by thanks to claiming the conference's best record in the regular season.

On Monday, Guard Javion Hamlet was tabbed C-USA Player of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and First Team All-Conference. Hamlet drains 14.6 PPG off of 50% FG shooting.

No surprise that Head coach Grant McCasland was voted the league's Coach of the Year after giving UNT their first regular season title as member of C-USA.

When UNT played FAU earlier in the campaign, four Mean Green players scored in double figures en route to their to their 81-58 thumping of the Owls. Hamlet led UNT with 20 points and six assists as guard James Reese tallied 16 points.

Being the closest C-USA program to Frisco, The Mean Green will have a slight home court advantage at The Star.

FAU at a Glance:

Offense - 71.1 PPG, 43% FG, 33% 3PT

Defense - 69.4 PPGA, 44% FGA, 34% 3PTA

Rebounding - 36.5 RPG Owls, 35.1 RPG Opponents

Notables

Survive and advance! The Owls head to the second round of the C-USA Tournament for the first time in program history. In fact, this is FAU's first time passed the first round of a a conference tournament since 2008.

It all happened last night when in their third attempt this season, FAU finally got the best of defending C-USA Tournament Champions Old Dominion, beating the Monarchs 66-56. Jailyn Ingram drained 22 points and collected 7 rebounds, a game-high and team-high, respectively.

With that performance, Ingram now owns a 12.0 PPG average, overtaking Cornelius "Scuta" Taylor as the team points leader. Taylor's 11.6 PPG average was not helped by his 5 point performance against ODU. Ingram also paces the team in RPG at 5.4.

Richardson Maitre sees his PPG average climb to 9.7 following his 21 point outing last night. The junior from Montreal is third in rebounding with 4.1 RPG.

C-USA announced that the remainder of the conference tournament will be closed to the public due to concerns from COID-19.

Opening Line: TBA

Additional Links:

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

2019-2020 FAU Basketball Season Discussion Thread - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

JUST IN: C-USA has cancelled the remainder of the conference tournament.

This is a developing story….

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: