Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Spring Football

Add topic

If anyone has any questions they want to ask regarding how this is effecting FAU and other colleges please ask

I have been in touch with a few college coaches to get their perspetive on things.
Back to the top

I've heard lots of scenarios. No season. Shortened season. Only conference games. Etc. How will universities make there annual budget if the whole season isn't played. Any chance of moving the entire season back a few weeks?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I've heard lots of scenarios. No season. Shortened season. Only conference games. Etc. How will universities make there annual budget if the whole season isn't played. Any chance of moving the entire season back a few weeks?
Posted On: Mar 31st 2020, 8:02 PM #394545

What do you mean by "make there annual budget"??

Our football program loses money every year.  It costs us a lot of money to run the program….a lot.

What would happen if the season is cancelled is simple, the money the students pay in athletics fees would need to be refunded to them for any operating costs we are not committed to.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Not FAU.  Big schools.
Back to the top

Lots of universities make a profit from football.  That helps fund other sports.
Back to the top

Our school is enormous. We have a 300M dollar endowment which can help in situations like this. I don't think our university would be affected substantially if they cancelled the 2020 season.
Back to the top

Silly me. Obviously I'm wrong. I thought cancelling one of the most popular American sport for the entire year would have an economic impact.
Back to the top

Shane asked if anyone has questions about FAU AND other colleges.  Local Owl specifically asked about other colleges…
Back to the top

Just read on ESPN that a.d.'s are preparing for a possible financial crisis and how it will affect sports other than football. Hmm? Maybe I was on to something.
Back to the top

The NCAA needs to ask ESPN and the other major networks to bail them out. They have cashed in for years.

End of story.
Back to the top
Control functions: