Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Coach Willie Taggart Spring Teleconference - April 6, 2020

FAU's Coach Taggart Hosts Teleconference

FAU hosted a teleconference with Head Coach Willie Taggart and members of the media on the morning of April 6th, 2020.

The main discussion revolved around the football program's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, and how the coaches and players have adapted to working remotely.

Spring football has been cancelled, but that has not stopped the coaches from working with their athletes and recruiting potential new Owls.

Below are some of the key points from Coach Taggart's teleconference.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Coach Taggart on the communication process with this players.

Back to the top

Coach Taggart's message to Owl fans across the country:

Back to the top

Here's the big one. Coach Taggart says there hasn't been any discussions yet regarding the season this Fall.

Back to the top

Coach Taggart says that the coaches normally meet with academic advisors once a week. Now, the coaches are meeting with the advisors twice a week via Zoom. This way the coaches can better know how the players could need help with their studies.

LOVE THAT!

Back to the top

Coach Taggart says that incoming freshman are still expected to come in by late Summer.

Reminder that all in-person recruiting, including campus and facility tours are not allowed, per the NCAA.

Back to the top

The one bits of good news for Owl fans is the recruiting sites are pretty much assuming that local kids are much more prone to remain in state closer to home with recruiting trips cancelled. It DOES give our Coaches a better shot at the Florida recruits at least! We hope!!!!!
Back to the top

Coach Taggart says John Raine's decision to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal "surprised everyone."

Back to the top
Control functions: