Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Standout Guard Richardson Maitre Enters Transfer Portal

Add topic

Montreal native Richardson Maitre has entered the Portal as a grad transfer. The redshirt junior led the team in assists and steals, and was going to be the second highest scorer and rebounder for the Owls next season.

Maitre joins Jayleen Sebree in entering the Transfer Portal.

Absolutely gut wrenching.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Surprising to see Maitre enter the portal, it was likely the talented guard would be one of the teams alphas going into next season. The guard came to FAU following a successful JuCo stint at Indian Hills CC.

Maitre improved during his time as an Owl. His scoring output increased from 4.4 PPG (2018-2019) to 9.7 PPG (2019-2020) as did his three point shooting from 29% (2018-2019) to 41% (2019-2020).

If Maitre opts to depart, those likely headed for expanded roles next season are junior G Michael Forrest and rising sophomore G DJ Robertson. Hopefully back in time for the start of next season is G Everett Winchester (5 PPG in 2019-2020), who missed an extended portion of conference play last season following leg surgery. Winchester has been used as a primary ball-handler at times for HC Dusty May.

FAU did sign two guards during the recent recruiting cycle in Johnell Davis and Nick Boyd. Both could play meaningful minutes, however I am not expecting HC Dusty May to rush their development.

This move does give FAU one more roster spot. If would make sense for the team to bring in an veteran guard to help take the pressure off the Owls young back court.
Back to the top

No bueno…

:Rainning:
Back to the top

Rick said

No bueno…

:Rainning:
Posted On: Apr 18th 2020, 2:22 PM #394733

Nope

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It’s bad that he left. It’s good that people think we have really good players