Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin to Ole Miss

Rick said

Personally believe he wants to beat Saban…the Ole Miss opportunity gave him a chance to do that…
Posted On: May 11th 2020, 10:10 PM #394912

B-I-N-G-O

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I really don’t see Kiffin beating Alabama on a regular basis if at all at Ole Miss. this is what is terrible about the conference structure. We have so much more to offer than Ole Miss. Let’s get to the AAC and then make our move. It shouldn’t be coaches leaving Paradise to go to Oxford. It’s a joke is what it is. I like Kiffin and am grateful that he accomplished so much here. But he’ll be fighting an uphill battle no matter how many fans he wins before they actually play a game. He’s at Ole Miss. It’s a place to win 9-10 games and bolt. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I really don’t see Kiffin beating Alabama on a regular basis if at all at Ole Miss. this is what is terrible about the conference structure. We have so much more to offer than Ole Miss. Let’s get to the AAC and then make our move. It shouldn’t be coaches leaving Paradise to go to Oxford. It’s a joke is what it is. I like Kiffin and am grateful that he accomplished so much here. But he’ll be fighting an uphill battle no matter how many fans he wins before they actually play a game. He’s at Ole Miss. It’s a place to win 9-10 games and bolt. 
Posted On: May 14th 2020, 1:20 AM #394924

If you’ve looked at the schedule, 9-10 wins will be very very hard to come by. 5-8 is realistic. The highlight of his season will be the egg bowl against leach. Now thats gonna be thanksgiving entertainment!

I plan to root for ole miss that day like it’s FAU. Same colors & same Lane!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

If you’ve looked at the schedule, 9-10 wins will be very very hard to come by. 5-8 is realistic.
Posted On: May 14th 2020, 11:05 AM #394929

I know it's not the same, but…

Vegas said 5 his first year here, and we all now how that ended up (11).

Back to the top

I’ll never forget driving through campus in August 2017 right before the season started. There was a sign that said “We Mad”. And I was not extremely optimistic. I’ll put it that way. Although when Kiffin got hired I was optimistic about the future. I mentioned to an alum who I played basketball with maybe we can become P5 in 10-20 years before the 2017 season started. But the We Mad sign actually was proven right. I didn’t see what was coming. I did for the future. I remember thinking, ok, Kiffin will increase our win total year after year and then get to the point we’re competing for conference championships. Anyways, we’ll see if Kiffin can do the same playing against LSU, Bama, Auburn, and whatever tough SEC east opponents and non conference teams he has to play.
Back to the top

Rick said

NJOWL said

If you’ve looked at the schedule, 9-10 wins will be very very hard to come by. 5-8 is realistic.

Posted On: May 14th 2020, 1:19 PM #394930
we had more talent than every conference opponent and 2 of our nonconference opponents. 

Lane will have more talent on his roster than 1 or 2 conference opponents in the SEC. 

That’s the difference. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

NJOWL said

Posted On: May 14th 2020, 1:19 PM #394930
we had more talent than every conference opponent and 2 of our nonconference opponents. 

Lane will have more talent on his roster than 1 or 2 conference opponents in the SEC. 

That’s the difference. 
Posted On: May 14th 2020, 7:01 PM #394932

Are you saying money makers didn't know that and purposely set our wins at 5? Must remember that Driskel was our QB and we formulated a specialty offense that took a few games to develop even trying it with Parr before Kiffin took the reigns…

That said I give him virtually all the credit for exceeding the line by 6 games. 

Firmly believe his intelligence as an offensive mind will have them competitive right away with some upsets to boot…we shall see.

Hopefully there will be a season! 
Back to the top

I just looked at the Ole Miss 2020 schedule. There’s a lot of bad teams. Their non conference is easier than we have almost every year. There’s a bunch of no name D2……..I’m sorry “D1 teams with fewer scholarships”. And in the east they do play UF at home and at Vanderbilt. That could’ve been worse. They could win 8-9 games. I wouldn’t count on 9 though 
Back to the top
Control functions: