Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Inside the Burrow 2020 Ep 4: Conference Realignment

Dan, Jack, and Shane take a look at the possibility of conference realignment, particularly the intrigue of a potential Conference USA and Sun Belt merger. Shane also highlights FAU's latest commitment to the 2021 class.

Read more

What I’ve been saying all along is that we should play UCF and USF every year. And the JV school to the south probably should too. I honestly think we will bring a lot to the AAC. The attendance and buzz for the games will be great.USF this year will be a good barometer to see what the attendance is. A lot of conferences have 3 or 4 teams from the same state.
Back to the top

To merge with the AAC would do much the same with MUCH better opponents!
Back to the top

The AAC would never. They think they are better than they are… fittingly, if UCF was a conference, they’d be the AAC
Back to the top

You have to understand where UCF was in the 90’s. We had a UCF student come to our high school and speak about how UCF was a good school and we should go there. At that time, UCF was an afterthought. No one even considered in the 90’s, even the late 90’s going to UCF. It was seen as a monumental step down from the bigger Florida schools. They were a borderline joke. Now look where they are. 

That’s where we can get to. I still think that at some point the AAC will see tremendous value in us and yes the school to the south will come with us too. The games are going to be so hyped up between the 4 schools. The only thing that upsets me is we can’t seem to get that nightlife district going for the drunks
Back to the top
Control functions: