Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GSU has figured a way to keep you safe at our stadium!

I figured with Savannah  being so close, Statesboro  would be a last option..  I'm thinking Hampton inn. Too far to walk. But  nice enough to not hear any complaints  from the female companion.  I made reservations today thru horel.com. . No cancellation penalty.  I pray we can play them. I'm so ready.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Checking into hotels now. According to maps.com 95/16 intersection is 53 mi uites from Statesboro. That is too far for me. It looks like the Hampton. Inn is the best available in Statesboro. It looks to be about a hundred yards from Wal-Mart and two hundred yards from the hospital helipad.  I'm beginning to think the best hotel for me and my girl on that weekend will be the Boca hotel and club.
Posted On: May 30th 2020, 9:09 AM #394994

No problem, from any Motel in Statesboro I can show you FREE parking lots that you can drop your car off at and take the FREE GSU transit busses to the stadium & back to your cars so you dont have to pay for a cab.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm right there with you on those precautions.  But don't joke too much out loud. Remember, you don't want to upset anyone. Georgia and Florida are leading the way to normalcy. Hats off to the governors.
Posted On: May 15th 2020, 5:55 AM #394936

This comment did not age well. We are also not even into the period where we will see protestors showing symptoms further increasing the number of positive cases.
Back to the top

Florida is full steam ahead.  Stop letting the news scare you
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Florida is full steam ahead.  Stop letting the news scare you
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 6:14 PM #395117

Full steam in increasing cases you mean. Below are new cases from the last seven day, not from the scary news, but from Florida itself:

06/14 - 2.2K
06/13 - 2.3K (New Record!!)
06/12 - 1.6K
06/11 - 1.6K
06/10 - 1.7K
06/09 - 1.2K
06/08 - 1.2K
06/07 - 1K

ArcGIS Dashboards

The numbers do not bode well for football, though, I do not see the the state closing down again regardless of the numbers.
Back to the top

Bulloch County Status which includes Statesboro as of 6/12/2020: (92 Total confirmed cases and 3 deaths total reported here with 12 hospitalizations total.) Up 5 confirmed since yesterday.
Local Efforts and Information:

-EGRMC has 9 COVID-19 positive patients today.
– SPOC open today at local health department. Call 855-473-4374 for an appointment.
-Bulloch VOAD working with vulnerable individuals impacted by COVID-19.
-BOE continues to serve over 5600 meals daily until July 17th.
– EMS transported 0 possible COVID-19 since yesterday. EMS has had contact with 23 probable and 10 confirmed COVID-19 positive patients since March.

Ted Wynn, Director
Bulloch County Public Safety/EMA/HS
Back to the top

Fyi, this is a virus. It will never go away. Just like other viruses.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Fyi, this is a virus. It will never go away. Just like other viruses.
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 9:25 PM #395122

But I thought we were taking our hats off and that Florida was full steam ahead? Also, regarding viruses never going away, you may want to go read about Polio.
Back to the top

Polio, smallpox, the measles (mostly)...
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Polio, smallpox, the measles (mostly)…
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 9:42 PM #395124

All those had vaccines developed against them. Still about 20% of the US population are afraid if vaccines,
Back to the top
Control functions: