Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Running Back Reginald Davis Talks Commitment to FAU Football Class of 2021

Add topic

After not taking a running back in the class of 2020, the Owls have landed their first running back commit under the Willie Taggart, as Montgomery native Reginald Davis has announced his decision on Friday via social media.

FAU offensive coordinator Clint Trickett originally saw the explosive running back during a visit to the area last year and has stayed in contact ever since. Trickett, along with running back coach Chris Perkins finally offered the back on March 31st.

"When they offered me they just treated me like family,'' said Davis. "Whenever I talk to any of the coaches, I talk to them just like I would talk to my father.''

Davis was also impressed with how FAU's offense utilizes its running backs.

"I feel like their playbook was built for me,'' Davis exclaimed.

The versatile running back averaged over 6.5 yards a carry to go with seven touchdowns on the ground during his junior campaign, and also showed off his soft hands with 20 catches for nearly 400 yards.

Friday's commitment also has extra meaning for Davis, as not only was it his grandmother's birthday, the event also helped him lament having recently suffered the loss of a friend and teammate.

Jamari Smith, a star basketball and football player at Lee High School and a recent UAB basketball signee, drowned last week at state park lake near Auburn.

''Committing today is definitely a little bittersweet,'' Davis said.

Davis becomes the 5th  commit of the 2021 cycle for FAU Football, joining defensive end Dwight Dassaw, offensive lineman Okino King, defensive back Ja'Dai Smith, and Defensive End Julius Barfield.
Back to the top

Reggie Davis has officially de-committed from FAU football's class of 2021.

This de-commitment directly stems from FAU taking Johnny Ford in the portal.

Space is becoming very limited for FAU's class, and tough decisions are being made.
Back to the top

Saying you have decommitted when you really didn't is a "fib" and will never get you places, but whatever.

What "decision" is being respected?

Best wishes.
Back to the top
Control functions: