Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Landmark It's Owl Time to Close

Comment: #news_3267

Good luck Mark gonna miss seeing your store and you when we get down to Boca!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

He did not provide a number, no. I asked multiple times though…
Posted On: Mar 23rd 2020, 3:37 PM #394525

There is no number because money is not the cause of the problem.  The lack of customers is the problem.  What drives traffic to the store: Students, families visiting their students, sports, fans going to sporting events, recruiting weekends, any activity on campus. All of that is on hold.  You can't say that $50K will save the store when you don't have an end point. $100k doesn't save the store when you don't have an end point. $200k can't save the store if you don't have an end point. What if school gets cancelled until the end of the year or beyond? What if football gets impacted or even cancelled? I want to be proactive and put the control in my hands. I cannot make decisions based on guesses or assumptions. I just can't and I just won't.
Posted On: Mar 24th 2020, 12:44 AM #394526

Spoken as if you had a finance or marketing degree. How close to campus is the store and near your sports venues..
Back to the top

Subject- "Exactly seven years after opening the doors It's Owl Time founder Mark Noll announces plans to close later this Spring amidst the Coronavirus outbreak"

TALON - I'm guessing the the "Owls Time" founder biggest competition is the on campus book store for Owl memorabilia and clothing. A place that is visited by your students  and visitors comming to campus before any of the on campus sports games. Thats hard to compete with unless Mr. Noll has a strong on line store with unique items.
Back to the top

So is this a new owner now in a new location or was this all just a fraud ?  There is still a store open but just in a different location
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

So is this a new owner now in a new location or was this all just a fraud ?  There is still a store open but just in a different location
Posted On: Jun 18th 2020, 8:50 AM #395149

That was answered in top of the thread:

fauowl said

This is Mark. It's Owl Time as a business (my LLC) is closed. I was able to sell my entire inventory and Domain name (ItsOwlTime.com) to the owners of another business in Boca. They own 2 businesses (Runner's Edge, and Tennis Anyone) on Federal Hwy.  They created some space in their store for FAU Gear.  I am no longer associated with it. But they seem to be really good people and I am very happy there will be options to buy FAU gear. I hope everyone will support them.

It's been the most satisfying 7 years of my life, to create The Store.  It was a great run, and now it is time for the next person to carry it on.

Go Owls!
Posted On: May 29th 2020, 10:24 AM #394989
Back to the top

Sorry to see mark sell his business as I will miss visiting with Mark!

The new owners have sent out one email or ad to me so far, so that is good!
Back to the top
Control functions: