Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fort Lauderdale WR Jahmal Edrine Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2021

Add topic

jgf2017 said

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. We have the best location in the country. The #1 location. We’re not in the middle of the state or on the Gulf of Mexico. What makes these AAC teams so special that they should get to P5 instead of us. I have a feeling that UCF has been rubbing P5 people the wrong way. I get the feeling the big shots running things can’t stand UCF and probably USF too although they obviously haven’t been as successful. I really feel like with the incredibly ridiculous fake NC stunt that UCF pulled that it didn’t win them any fans. 
And when you get back to location people talk about big markets like Houston. It’s a big market and probably a fun town to live and there’s a lot of super rich people there. But I think our location is better. This is all going to happen when we get deep into the top 25.
Our location is so much better than Orlando and Tampa. People can try to defend them all they want. They can talk about money and whatever garbage. UCF and USF have peaked. And they know it. I could care less about their academic garbage. We have the most upside by far. I bet every recruit would rather be here than Tampa or Orlando. 
Posted On: Jun 13th 2020, 10:52 PM #395106

Attendance and fan/booster support need to improve for us to even think about another bigger conference.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

jgf2017 said

A recruit like Jahmal Edrine is not what you see at CUSA schools in general. We’re outgrowing CUSA. One we get deep into the top 25 it’ll be time to move to the AAC. Or maybe we make deals with some top AAC teams and App. State to make a new super conference
Posted On: Jun 12th 2020, 3:10 PM #395092
Could only hope this is the case. We screwed out of a top 35 ranking in ‘17 and last year because of our conference. We are absolutely a top 25 team and one of the better G5 teams in the country. Once we start owning CUSA year in and year out, I’m hoping we get a call up. Big 12, we’ll be your Florida team!!!!!!!!!!

Posted On: Jun 13th 2020, 9:21 PM #395104

Have we actually beat a team in the top 25? 
Back to the top

owlmart said

LawOwl said

jgf2017 said

A recruit like Jahmal Edrine is not what you see at CUSA schools in general. We’re outgrowing CUSA. One we get deep into the top 25 it’ll be time to move to the AAC. Or maybe we make deals with some top AAC teams and App. State to make a new super conference
Posted On: Jun 12th 2020, 3:10 PM #395092
Could only hope this is the case. We screwed out of a top 35 ranking in ‘17 and last year because of our conference. We are absolutely a top 25 team and one of the better G5 teams in the country. Once we start owning CUSA year in and year out, I’m hoping we get a call up. Big 12, we’ll be your Florida team!!!!!!!!!!

Posted On: Jun 13th 2020, 9:21 PM #395104

Have we actually beat a team in the top 25? 
Posted On: Jun 14th 2020, 11:38 AM #395108

Lane never beat a team that had more talent than us in his 3 years here… so no. Throughout willies career, he has beaten more talented teams. Think that’s what people are getting at here.

Hopefully guys like Edrine push us over the edge. Seems very smart and thoughtful, i.e. the owl picture was awesome. Guys like that put you over the edge. That’s what I like about most of these recent commits: seem very smart & care about academics.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

All these things will come, like beating teams with more talent, although with what's happening lately with recruiting there might not be many teams with more talent. I think something's going on. I think we might move up conferences and maybe the P5. We're in a good position. There's got to be a reason we're getting so many recruits. Of course from day 1 I've been saying that Taggart was a great hire and that recruiting would be great with guys like Patrick. I knew Taggart would bring his guys. The recruiting coordinator Raymond Woodie has done an incredible job.
You have to remember that during Taggart's introductory press conference he mentioned doing more than just winning conference championships. What if we get deep into the top 25. That could get the ball rolling. I obviously have no idea what's going on. But what if the super rich decision makers with incredible influence don't like UCF. I mean they've pulled crazy stunts and shown how mad they are at P5. On top of that, who really wants the Orlando market. Maybe we can get in the conversation with the great market we have. And if we get deep into the top 25 with Taggart, we might be more attractive than UCF.
Back to the top

On site tonight to see Jahmal in action vs Royal Palm Beach:

Back to the top

Nice burst speed after the catch!

Back to the top

Here's a message for you from Jahmal!

Back to the top
Control functions: