Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Lands Shutdown Corner Jayden Williams Over Holiday Weekend

Add topic

FAU fans got late holiday weekend surprise when Bloomingdale high school cornerback Jayden Williams committed to FAU Football's class of 2021.

The Valrico native chose the Owls over offers from Toledo, Bowling Green, and USF.

FAU defensive line coach Kevin Patrick and FAU cornerbacks coach Stanford Samuels Jr. offered Williams just back on June 25th, and his recruitment heated quickly from there.

"Soon as I was offered, it was consistent communication every day from the coaches. No school showed me love like FAU did,'' Williams told FAUOwlsnest.

After a final conversation with head coach Willie Taggart, Williams knew that he could not wait any longer to announce his commitment.

"Coach Taggart told me how he was trying to make it out and support his mom, which is exactly what I am trying to do,'' explained Williams.

The 5-11' 185-pound corner who put up 42 tackles and two interceptions his junior year is believed to be one of the areas most underrated players.

Bulls 247 Sports' recruiting insider and Tampa area high school reporter Will Turner offered some insight on Williams.

"He's another member of the Bloomingdale defensive back pipeline that has been deep the last three recruiting cycles and is extremely well-coached. One of the more underrated defensive backs in the Tampa area. Solid press corner that can play on or off the line of scrimmage and make plays. Hard-nosed tackler with a good feel of the game. Williams consistently hung around with some of the best wide receiver talents in the area and never looked overmatched doing it.''

This talent was showcased in a game vs. Plant City last year when Williams spent much of the game covering four-star receiver and Oklahoma commit Mario Williams.

Mario was held without a catch when he was lined up on the outside vs. Jayden. His only production came from times when he was moved inside to the slot away from Jayden.

"I love to compete, and I am a dog and ready to make plays at FAU,'' Williams answered when asked what type of player Owls fans can expect.

Williams becomes the third defensive back commit in FAU football's 2021 class, joining Jahdai Smith and Jahtavious Magee.

As always, stay locked into FAUOwlsnest for all your FAU sports coverage.

Related Content

Coach Willie Taggart Gives Keys to Early Recruiting Success for FAU

2021 FAU Football Commit List

2021 Recruiting Discussion

FAU Fotball Recruiting Forum
Back to the top
Control functions: