Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

voss749 said

jgf2017 said

I love it when Taggart talks about taking us to the next level. He does it all the time. This is the same guy who led USF to its first ever year end top 25 ranking
Posted On: Jan 16th 2020, 10:34 PM #393469
Its not just about winning games its also about building fan support and getting students at the tailgates into the stadium. When you can sell out FAU stadium on a regular basis and getting 20k+ fans to games in a so-so year thats taking it to the next level to me.
Posted On: Jan 17th 2020, 12:19 AM #393470

Agreed Voss - 100% agreed!
Back to the top

FAU's season opener vs. Minnesota is cancelled.

Read more: FAU vs. Minnesota Cancelled

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Are we replacing any of these cancelled games? Working on it? Been quiet on this topic unless I missed it.  
Back to the top

I thought the ACC said teams had to schedule IN STATE teams for OOC but FSU just scheduled FCS Jacksonville St. which in in ALABAMA!!! :Thinking:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I thought the ACC said teams had to schedule IN STATE teams for OOC but FSU just scheduled FCS Jacksonville St. which in in ALABAMA!!! :Thinking:
Posted On: Aug 21st 2020, 12:42 PM #395724

FSU just does not want to lose to FAU with the coach they dismissed.
Back to the top

I saw that and chuckled.  But to be honest, if I were fsu , no way in heck would play FAU. Only something bad can happen.
Back to the top

I misunderstood the ACC criteria for OOC games, too.  It is weird, but it says they can play whoever they want as long as it is at home.  If they go on the road for an OOC game, that has to be witihin the state.  FSU was supposed to play Samford, which is also in Alabama.  But the Southern Conference (where Samford belongs) has postponed football to the Spring.
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Are we replacing any of these cancelled games? Working on it? Been quiet on this topic unless I missed it.  
Posted On: Aug 21st 2020, 12:27 PM #395723

"I’ve checked with some dates with FAU, but that was two, three weeks ago. I wouldn’t say that it’s story-worthy. There is definitely an appetite for [FAMU Football] in the fall, but we are a long way away from that point. There’s a lot of work that must be done before we get there.”"

https://www.wctv.tv/2020/08/05/florida-am-petitioning-for-games-in-fall-eyeing-matchup-with-florida-state/

FAMU has expressed interest.
I dont know if anything happened with that.

Despite MEAC canceling fall sports, Florida A&M exploring possible fall football season | HBCU Sports
Back to the top

JUST IN. C-USA announces the TV broadcast schedule for this upcoming season. Things are subject to change as the the college football world continues to navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic.

Some quick hits:
  • Shula Bowl is moved to Friday night; joins vs. USF @ MTSU as FAU's three contests on CBS Sports Network.
  • Only two games on ESPN+, including season opener vs. Georgia Southern
  • All FAU home games will kickoff at 6PM, except for a noon start against UTSA on Halloween
  • At MTSU and USM still show TBA kickoffs
  • Late November game in Murfreesboro could provide a weather challenge for FAU

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

On the press release that Conference USA sent out they list the Charlotte game as being 6pm on "ESPN Networks" so there is still some hope it will air on something like ESPNU instead of ESPN+.  There are a lot less games for them to choose from with 4 conferences sitting out so we might do better than ESPN+.
Back to the top
Control functions: