Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cornerback Jahbari Hill Commits to FAU Football Class of 2021

Add topic

Jahbari Hill
DB
6-1, 185 lbs
Atlantic High School

Jahbari Hill attended Florida Atlantic football Jr day back in early March and was offered shortly after.

Hill had 37 tackles 5 PBU's and 2 interceptions for Atlantic High school in 2019.  

FAU cornerbacks coach Stanford Samuels Jr. and defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt were the primary recruiters.
Back to the top

Recruiting can be a little crazy at times.

We have updated the information we reported yesterday and have updated our commitment list.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

We have updated the information we reported yesterday and have updated our commitment list.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 3:08 PM #395389

There goes the optimism of a potential pipeline to Atlantic HS. And we hardly knew ye. That was a quick turn of events. Wonder if he got a new offer. Maybe it’s not a decommitment. Just waiting for a bigger stage to make the announcement.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 3:08 PM #395389
There goes the optimism of a potential pipeline to Atlantic HS. And we hardly knew ye. That was a quick turn of events. Wonder if he got a new offer. Maybe it’s not a decommitment. Just waiting for a bigger stage to make the announcement.
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 4:49 PM #395391
FAU has very limited space at this point with 25 confirmed commits.

I think with the few spots FAU has for next year one can expect the Owls to be going from truly big big fish.

A lot has changed since Sanders committed.

We have recruiting momentum like we have never seen in the program before.

Back to the top

I agree. FAU  is now a destination.  With WT leading it.
Back to the top

Yikes! I remember something similar happened a few years ago with Chad Ward from Atlantic. I think Pelini was the coach at the time. I'm not sure how much that affected our recruiting at Atlantic, but I don't think we've had any recruits since then. Could be coincidence, we've had several staff changes and time heals all wounds
Back to the top

owlmart said

Yikes! I remember something similar happened a few years ago with Chad Ward from Atlantic. I think Pelini was the coach at the time. I'm not sure how much that affected our recruiting at Atlantic, but I don't think we've had any recruits since then. Could be coincidence, we've had several staff changes and time heals all wounds
Posted On: Jul 20th 2020, 9:46 PM #395394

They had a DE, Chandler Ferguson, sign in Charlie’s last year and I know FAU’s had a couple walk ons from AHS. But yeah, they haven’t sent kids to FAU the way local schools like PB Central or Dwyer have. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

The Ward incident  caused a little bad blood. I think it hurt the high school kids more than it hurt FAU . But that head coach and AD are both gone. Listen, FAU  is finally in a unique position.  We may need to make hard decisions as to who we give our limited scholarships  to. Great position to be in .
Back to the top

I see Hill is back on. Wonder if this means Huggins isn’t flipping to us. I just feel that’s what this was all about.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

I see Hill is back on. Wonder if this means Huggins isn’t flipping to us. I just feel that’s what this was all about.
Posted On: Jul 27th 2020, 6:53 PM #395444

Huggins just tweeted “ain’t no flipping in me” today. Makes me think that much more that coaches told Hill to hold off until they knew they had room for him. 

I’m cool with this. I want guys who are totally on board.
Back to the top
Control functions: