Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Stony Brook in Jeopardy

Looks like FAU's home opener vs. Stony Brook is now at risk.

The Colonial Athletic Association (which SBU is a football-only member of) is suspending all Fall athletic activities… BUT, they are allowing teams to play football this Fall as FCS Independents.

FCS powerhouse and defending CAA Champions JMU has already announced that they are looking to play football this Fall regardless. Elon and Albany are also exploring this option.

At this time, it is unknown if Stony Brook will attempt football this Fall as an FCS Independent or not play this Fall at all. Their press release was rather vague. You can read it here. Here, it does not say that SBU will be forgoing football this Fall, nor does it say that they are exploring options as an FCS independent. If anything, SBU looks to be looking at playing a Spring football season.

This is a developing story.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

As of now, fall camp is on schedule to resume as normal, which we desperately need. No harm in playing an 11 game season and getting some other FCS squad to fill in so we can get a tune up game going for Willy. At least CR2 is a great field general! I keep hearing within the athletic dept that Aug. 4th is the date we will know by as most conferences intend to lay out their plans by that date for the fall
Back to the top

Replacements for Wk 1-

Ball State
Utah State
Western Michigan
NIU
Hawaii
Kent State
App State
Bowling Green

Replacement for W2 -

Liberty
Hawaii
NIU
Western Kentucky
Colorado State
Central Michigan
Fresno State
BYU
Arkanas State
Old Dominion
Back to the top

GBull325 said

Replacements for Wk 1-

Ball State
Utah State
Western Michigan
NIU
Hawaii
Kent State
App State
Bowling Green

Replacement for W2 -

Liberty
Hawaii
NIU
Western Kentucky
Colorado State
Central Michigan
Fresno State
BYU
Arkanas State
Old Dominion
Posted On: Jul 18th 2020, 11:15 PM #395381

We already have Western Kentucky and Old Dominion in our conference and scheduled. If we make up the games I see it as regional opponents in FL/GA with easier travel And/or possibly FCS teams that lost a game against a p5 conference or that have to play as independents as their conference cancelled the season. I’m cool with either or a mix of these scenarios.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

GBull325 said

Replacements for Wk 1-

Ball State
Utah State
Western Michigan
NIU
Hawaii
Kent State
App State
Bowling Green

Replacement for W2 -

Liberty
Hawaii
NIU
Western Kentucky
Colorado State
Central Michigan
Fresno State
BYU
Arkanas State
Old Dominion
Posted On: Jul 18th 2020, 11:15 PM #395381

We already have Western Kentucky and Old Dominion in our conference and scheduled. If we make up the games I see it as regional opponents in FL/GA with easier travel And/or possibly FCS teams that lost a game against a p5 conference or that have to play as independents as their conference cancelled the season. I’m cool with either or a mix of these scenarios.
Posted On: Jul 18th 2020, 11:50 PM #395382

My bad i copied from another blog lol Either way there are some decent replacements if your AD acts fast.
Back to the top

ACC just moved to 10 game conference schedule plus one OOC (must be played in the state of ACC team).
No news as if SEC and AAC or others follow suit.  
Back to the top

It would be cool to see FAU get that Elusive matchup against FSU.  Knowing them though I could see them passing and going with UCF or something.  Would be interesting to play UM as well,  that might be possible considering they lost to FIU last year.  
Back to the top

And very telling that this is all about the money, Notre Dame will play a full conference schedule and be eligible to play in the ACC championship.  All TV money (including ND’s crazy NBC contract) will be split between the 15 teams.  So everybody is trying everything they can to keep the TV money in-play. 

As for FSU and Miami, I would hope they want to play G5 rather than FCS schools in a crazy schedule like this, so that could be good for FAU.
Back to the top

If FSU only gets 1 ooc game and it has to be in Florida, it’s UF
Back to the top

So what possible legal defense can an ACC member to defend dropping an G5/FCS OOC game without being sued for damages - they ARE planning on playing 11 football games so no Disaster type of clause will apply!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: