Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Stony Brook in Jeopardy

To owlmart's post - yes.  That is all but confirmed that FSU would keep their long-standing game against UF.  So will others like Georgia Tech vs Georgia, Clemson vs South Carolina, etc.  So it is even more about keeping the money within the P5 conferences.  Being from North Carolina, it will be interesting to see what schools like UNC, NC State, Duke, and Wake Forest do.  If they have to play in-state teams, App, Charlotte, and ECU would seem to be in-line for some P5 money games.  If FSU vs UF is inevitable, only Miami will need to find an in-state game.

Still seems ridiculous that in the ACC's case you will still have trips like Clemson going to Syracuse, or Boston College going to Clemson.  I get the argument that they are in the same conference and will be required to operate under the same rules and guidelines, but that is a long way to go and probably 2 nights (or more) in a hotel room for 100+ people.  Seems just as dangerous as keeping the existing schedules that were already in place to me.
Back to the top

It looks like I spoke too soon as the SEC is playing a conference only schedule. Still doubt FSU would want to give Willie that opportunity 
Back to the top

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/07/sec-moving-to-conference-only-2020-schedule.html

SEC is next with conference only.   It means no FSU-UF, GT-UGA, L-ville-KY or Clemson-USCe.

ACC schools might actually have to play vs G5 team now.
Back to the top

ICYMI: FAU's game vs. Stony Brook is cancelled. I'm really curious how the legal and financial aspect of this goes down. There obviously has to be some sort of "Act of God" clause in these contracts. I am just interested in the wording of it.

As of now, FAU will start the season in Statesboro, GA against Georgia Southern on September, 19th. The Sun Belt seems to be full-steam-ahead for a 12 game schedule.

I can say that FAU has explored the possibility of finding new opponents, but I am not at liberty to say to what extent.  I can say this: finding a new opponent this close to the season is a logistical nightmare.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

ICYMI: FAU's game vs. Stony Brook is cancelled. I'm really curious how the legal and financial aspect of this goes down. There obviously has to be some sort of "Act of God" clause in these contracts. I am just interested in the wording of it.

As of now, FAU will start the season in Statesboro, GA against Georgia Southern on September, 19th. The Sun Belt seems to be full-steam-ahead for a 12 game schedule.

I can say that FAU has explored the possibility of finding new opponents, but I am not at liberty to say to what extent.  I can say this: finding a new opponent this close to the season is a logistical nightmare.
Posted On: Aug 3rd 2020, 4:30 PM #395497

You may be able to request a copy via FL Public Records request as FAU is a public institution 
Back to the top
Control functions: