Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Teams FAU should Play

Given the nature of his season and how every conference is approaching their schedule differently.  I think if a team wants to separate itself from the herd granted it’s safe for the players , you take match-ups that will bolster your status.  For example the Pac-12 just handed the playoff to the other Power conferences.  They carry no weight with 12 games and a conference championship and will not with 10 games.  Playing the correct number of games with a desired match-up can bolster a teams status. Essentially, the teams FAU need to be play need to be close in geography and are of good competition. The teams should Be FSU, UCF, App St. and Troy.

With games limited this season taking a loss would be hard to come back from. With FSU playing  UF and losing isn’t ideal when they can beat some other team, unless they are making their fan base happy.  I’m not sure if UCF is ideal, if they lose the game FSU’s program gets hit again with a negative view. I don’t see FSU risking credibility to UCF,  this game maybe a no go. For FAU we would face a rebuilding team from FSU and Taggart has a chance to really prove himself,  with the emotional factor.  Even if we lose it builds credibility instead of playing Georgia St.

UCF would be a great payback game but once again on the road.  Once again they are ranked,  we have a chance to compete, but playing them early could be beneficial to catch them off guard.  Ucf is trying to belong,  they will schedule what they can to stay relevant. I can see this game happening.

Sun Belt teams Troy and App. St.  Would be ideal since both teams play quality football. Troy would be a good rivalry rekindled briefly,  but now FAU at a further point along the process should be good to watch and payback for all the years of losing to them. 

I think a game to try our best to schedule is App. St.   They are respected, have been one of the best G5 teams and in order to reach the top we need to beat one of the best.Taggart would solidify the program into another stratosphere with recruiting with top ranked wins especially if he can beat say an FSU.  

FAU can also schedule easier teams and try to go undefeated,  by the ending of the year get ranked as well.  What teams should FAU schedule or would you like to see us schedule?
Back to the top

All good options. I’d like to play FSU. It would be a good test, the Willy factor and who knows, we might have a punchers chance. Go Owls 🦉 
Back to the top

I think all FB teams in US will schedule bus length OOC opponents since I believe half games will be moved around. Local teams will have less logistic issues if there is a cancelation.  It will be interesting if there will be or will not be fans.

For FAU, I could see UCF, USF, FSU, UM, GA Southern, Troy, AL State.  

This will not be a traditional football season, with teams added and subtracted like a farm market. I also think games will be without fans so games will be for TV purposes.
Back to the top

Well not a Fla. or southern team but scratch FBS Indy UCONN off the list, they just canceled their fall football season!
Back to the top

ACC schedule released.  UM playing UAB and FSU playing Samford.

UM vs UAB should be a good game with the U's new QB from UH.  
Back to the top

Hopefully we would get a matchup with App State. Other teams in the American or Mountain West would be nice as well. 

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Easy fix-

Replace Minnesota with App State, Army, or Western Michigan week 1

Replace Stony Brook with East Carolina in week 2

🤷 That was easy 🙂

Back to the top

I think only way we replace Minnesota and/or stony brook are going to be teams within the state or near outside of Florida. The logistics that go into scheduling/traveling isn’t such an easy issue to be able to do in 1-2 months. I’m thinking a Bethune cookman, Jacksonville state, valdosta state, FAMU (if they play), UCF, Georgia state. 

I’m not sure who out of these teams even have a open spot available for weeks 1/2.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

I think only way we replace Minnesota and/or stony brook are going to be teams within the state or near outside of Florida. The logistics that go into scheduling/traveling isn’t such an easy issue to be able to do in 1-2 months. I’m thinking a Bethune cookman, Jacksonville state, valdosta state, FAMU (if they play), UCF, Georgia state. 

I’m not sure who out of these teams even have a open spot available for weeks 1/2.
Posted On: Aug 6th 2020, 10:54 PM #395589

The teams I recommended has cancellations the same week as FAU
Back to the top
Control functions: