Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: FAU Football Tests Positive for COVID-19

The infection rate for COVID is higher than the flu. The mortality rate for COVID is higher than the flu. There are no long-term effects for the flu, where there are for COVID (the extent of which are still unknown). There's no vaccine for COVID.

These are facts. And you're the only one talking about fear.

When a players dies of dehydration, there's an investigation, firings and lawsuits. So, what's your over/under on acceptable player and  staff deaths?

The people's and media's "over-reaction" is a result of government in-action, if not out-right deception. We won't wear masks, we won't social-distance and we didn't shut-down (while we "did" the majority of business, in comparison to other modern countries, remained open; and we rejected the CDC guidance for safe "re-openings").

Millions of people think this is a hoax (I second, gee, from where did they get that idea?)? Well, cracking your knuckles doesn't cause arthritis. Diesel VIC's won't take gasoline. Vaccines don't cause autism. Chocolate milk doesn't come from brown cows. Gum doesn't take seven years to digest. And the earth isn't flat.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

I also wonder how C-USA schools even pay for this.

It was reported by 247 Sports' schools will be paying 70-110 per test and CUSA will be requiring schools to test everyone three times a week.

Football teams have about 200 people associated with it from players to coaches to other support staff.

200x3x70-110 per week?

It's more money then what our entire TV contract pays.

Posted On: Aug 24th 2020, 8:31 AM #395741

They also had a recent article with us in the Sun Belt  :Laughing:

Anyway, as far as FAU goes, per a spokesperson they are testing once a week, and don't pay…they receive services from the on campus testing center.

Back to the top

BREAKING: FAU Football to resume practice Wednesday morning. The program regained confidence since the a few positive Covid-19 tests forced cancellation of practices from Friday.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

There will be more cases. Let's just accept it and move forward.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

There will be more cases. Let's just accept it and move forward.
Posted On: Aug 25th 2020, 2:55 PM #395756

Agreed. It is what it is at this point
Back to the top

Update from C-USA tonight, I have asked about impacts for FAU, as in will they still continue to receive free testing from the on campus testing site. Major note is now three times a week vs. the prior once a week policy:

DALLAS – Following an extremely thorough process the Conference USA Board of Directors has adopted a comprehensive COVID-19 plan as the league continues to cautiously move forward, while constantly evaluating every aspect related to the pandemic and our campus operations, community trends and all related state, county and public health directives.

The plan establishes the standards for daily operations, education, mental health, travel, game day and event operations, and medical protocols designed to enhance the NCAA’s Resocialization of Collegiate Sport: Developing Standards for Practice and Competition.

C-USA will test football student-athletes three times a week (PCR+Antigen).
All support and game day operations staff will meet NCAA and C-USA policy guidelines for testing.
C-USA is in constant evaluation of the latest medical updates and in consultation with C-USA medical advisors regarding COVID-19, which may be result in changes to the policies.

In addition to relying on the C-USA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Committee, co-chaired by North Texas team physician Michael D. Shaffer, DO, Wise Health Systems Family & Sports Medicine, and Rice Assistant AD for Sports Medicine and Head Athletic Trainer Dean Miller MS, SCT, LAT, and composed of representatives of the team physicians, athletic trainers, athletics directors, and student-athletes, all team physicians and athletic trainers provided input.  The conference also was educated and advised by a group of outstanding medical consultants.
Back to the top

RS FR CB Ladarius Henry and RS SO QB/WR Cortland Littlejohn have both opted out for the 2020 season.

They join SR DB Quran Hazif as the three Owls who have selected to opt-out for 2020.

The Owls were already thin at CB and this will only further that problem.
Back to the top

A number of FAU players have tested positive for Covid-19 today. The season opener vs. Georgia Southern is still on, as long as there is no further influx of positive cases.

Back to the top

The university as a whole currently has 96 students that are Covid-19 positive.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

A number of FAU players have tested positive for Covid-19 today. The season opener vs. Georgia Southern is still on, as long as there is no further influx of positive cases.

Posted On: Sep 15th 2020, 3:50 PM #395988

The team is keeping these names private, right?

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top
Control functions: