Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BREAKING: FAU Football Tests Positive for COVID-19

96 out of approximately 30,000 students. 0.3 % . Can't freek out over those odds.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

96 out of approximately 30,000 students. 0.3 % . Can't freek out over those odds.
Posted On: Sep 15th 2020, 4:22 PM #395994

Agreed. Just hoping that it doesn't impact people too much due to contact tracing…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

The team gets tested every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, with results coming back the next day.

The results we are hearing about today were from Sunday's tests. The university found out the results from the tests Monday night. The decision to cancel traditional, contact practice came this morning.

The athletic department is currently conducting contact tracing and, as it is Tuesday, another round of testing. More information will be made available tomorrow.

Again, as of now, the plan is to play Georgia Southern on Saturday, provided that there is no greater influx of positive test results.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The97Revolution said

The team is keeping these names private, right?
Posted On: Sep 15th 2020, 4:00 PM #395993

Correct. But that does not meant that they will not release the names in the future, like what Georgia Southern did just hours before kickoff against Campbell. Moreover, if FAU plays on Saturday, we could see who is on the field and who stayed home.

Back to the top

Schools cannot, to my understanding, reveal who tested positive for COVID-19. They can issue a list of who is not playing but they are not supposed to announce if COVID is why. 

But like Jack said, if a starter is out, obviously the wheels begin turning in your head. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

This "season" will be something else.
Back to the top

d-owl said

This "season" will be something else.
Posted On: Sep 15th 2020, 6:59 PM #396001

Depending on how many games are actually played this season. I will not worry about the results good or bad. I don’t really expect them to be good. 2020 college football should just have a giant * 
Back to the top

Coach Taggart updates members of the media regarding the recent wave of positive Covid-19 results.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Coach Taggart updates members of the media regarding the recent wave of positive Covid-19 results.

Posted On: Sep 16th 2020, 12:36 PM #396007

Wishing the best for all the players who tested positive. Get well soon.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

As we all know by now, the USM game has been postponed (with a TBD make-up date) due to positive COVID-19 tests results at FAU.

Coach Taggart gave us this update today:

Back to the top
Control functions: