Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2020 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Austin Meadows tested positive on July 16th. The MLB season did not begin until July 24th . He was out until August 4th which was 1/6 of the abbreviated MLB season. That was nearly three weeks.  He was their best power hitter last year. Plus recovering from COVID meant he has struggled with his hitting.

Georgia Southern unlike the Rays have a mass spread on campus as well as the football team. Football is a more physical sport than MLB. There is not DH positions or pinch hitting duties where he take one AN with with a pinch hitter and then rest on the bench.

I do not want a possible infection on FAU coming from a non conference opponent right before conference play.

They had 7 starters missing today and struggled against a weak opponent that I would have had a fit if FAU struggled against.
Back to the top

FAU's season opener vs. Georgia Southern has been postponed.

Both teams are looking to reschedule, with December 5th looking like the most likely on the condition that neither program makes their respective conference championship game.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Oct.3 game against Charlotte moved to 4pm kickoff for ESPNU broadcast😀🏈
Back to the top

RelicOwl said

Oct.3 game against Charlotte moved to 4pm kickoff for ESPNU broadcast😀🏈
Posted On: Sep 21st 2020, 12:55 PM #396107

No ESPN+ Games! Yes!

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

It's official: FAU will play Georgia Southern on December 5th, but only if the Owls aren't in the C-USA Championship, which is currently schedule for that date.

Shoutout to the Athletics Department to get this done! But I for one hope we're playing for some hardware that day instead!  :Yawn:

Back to the top

Kevin Fielder has claims a sources inside the USF program said that both FAU and USF are eyeing early December as a possible make-up date. That's something to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

Back to the top

not sure why C-USA championship can't be moved to the following week.
Pac12 and Big Ten are starting their games really late and their conference championships are scheduled later in December. What's the point of rescheduling if we might not be able to play that game.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

not sure why C-USA championship can't be moved to the following week.

Posted On: Sep 30th 2020, 12:23 PM #396220

Just asked an FAU spokesperson that same thing! :Laughing:  :Laughing:

It is not known if there have been talks regarding moving the C-USA Championship. The decision would have to come from the conference and from the member institution's administrators. Say they would be the ones that would have to do the talking, and as you can imagine, they're all tight lipped about the matter.

The spokesperson did say it would make sense to push it back, giving teams a possible make-up date in case conference games have to be rescheduled.

Back to the top

Push the conference championship back 2 weeks, this gives teams the opportunity to makeup 2 or 3 games.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Push the conference championship back 2 weeks, this gives teams the opportunity to makeup 2 or 3 games.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2020, 12:50 PM #396222

That would take common sense.  
Back to the top
Control functions: