Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Southern Miss - December 10th, 2020

Add topic

The Owls look for 2-0 Start to 2020 against the Golden Eagles

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (5-2, C-USA 4-1) @ Southern Miss (2-7, C-USA 1-4)

When: Thursday, December 10th, 6:30 PM

Where: M.M. Roberts Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Hattiesburg, MS

The Series: The Owls are undefeated in their two games against USM. FAU won the most recent matchup 34-17 in 2019's regular season finale.

Southern Miss Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Game Information

TV: CBS Sports Network

Stream: TBA

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU -7

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If FAU plays offensively and calls plays how they did in the second half, they should be OK. Depends on how much one wants to buy into USM routing North Texas. 

Good news is this game is actually on local affiliates. 401 of you have Xfinity and live in PB County. So I may have wasted the $10 I spent on an HDMI to iPhone cord, lol. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Emmons and Charles are listed as questionable after picking up knocks against Charlotte.

Back to the top

As an athlete and a competitor I cherish ANY win, even if it was in no means perfect, ya then learn and get better as your goal!!! And sadly it is America that has become so entitled and so spoiled! And the internet has only fueled this.

Way to get the win Owls, go get S. Miss!!!
Back to the top

I really hope the conference comes up with for this game if this Hurricane is coming close.

I would not mind a Thursday night duel.
Back to the top

I asked Coach Taggart yesterday if there have been any discussuions about moving this Saturday's game as Hurricane Delta looks to gain strength before making landfall in Louisiana on Friday.

He said no such discussions have taken place and he hopes FAU will be back on the gridiron on Saturday.

That said, Taggart feels sorry for the central Gulf coast for the onslaught of storms they have had to deal with this year.

MY OPINION: There's no way we play in Hattiesburg on Saturday. Absolutely no way.

We will continue to update y'all as information comes in.

Back to the top

FAU administrators are in talks with their counterparts at USM concerning this Saturday's game.

As of now, the game is still on to take place in Hattiesburg this Saturday.

Back to the top

It's only Tuesday. Still time to make different arrangements.
Back to the top

Mizzou is supposed to play LSU Saturday, and they are talking about moving the game to Missouri and it has been reported by Dave Matter of the St.Louis Post Dispatch that a decision is expected tomorrow morning.

We could possibly hear a decision around that same timeline.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Mizzou is supposed to play LSU Saturday, and they are talking about moving the game to Missouri and it has been reported by Dave Matter of the St.Louis Post Dispatch that a decision is expected tomorrow morning.

We could possibly hear a decision around that same timeline.
Posted On: Oct 6th 2020, 6:21 PM #396581

That’s a timeline that makes sense. All of the logistical things, primarily planes and hotels, would likely keep this from lingering into Thursday or beyond. 

My uneducated guess remains we will know the final decision by 6 p.m.  ET Wednesday (C-USA offices are in Texas, so end of business there) at the latest. Good find, Shane. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: