Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Charlotte @ FAU - October 3rd, 2020

Add topic

There are some very positive things I saw. It was nice going on ESPN and seeing the leaders in team yards per carry and us being 3rd at 6.8 I think. That’s something I was thinking we could improve on. In 2018-2019 our center wasn’t a run blocker. Now with Weber we have brute strength and dominating run blocking at that position. And it Helps the other O Lineman Reach their potential especially Ettiene who had unfair criticism last year when it was really the Center.

The players on the team all support each other and care about winning. I saw Irvin II congratulating the other TE when he caught a TD. Guys like Irvin II were really trying to pump people up, and he had some nice blocking like on the long TD run.

The only thing I’m worried about is Tronti’s arm. Specifically defended respecting him on the sidelines. We had so many plays with multiple receivers on the sidelines when Tronti doesn’t have a strong arm. Teams are playing 1 on 1 and they might now even need to do that. If Tronti can make throws to the sidelines it will help. We need teams respecting the passing game for the running ypc to be where they were before 2018.
Back to the top

All I can say is that I am happy the team got tested on saturday and adjustments were made during second half on both sides of the ball.
The rain had an impact and I am sure we will see a better team against Southern Miss.
Back to the top
Control functions: