Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Star QB Chris Robison No Show for Fall Camp

Rick said

SeminOwl28 said

Addiction and in rehab or other mental disorder demons
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 8:56 AM #396702

None of the above.

Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 10:13 AM #396703

Well if that is the case , it should be revealed
Back to the top

What about Hosea Barnwell? Seems like he left our program for greener pastures but never turned up on another teams roster.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

What about Hosea Barnwell? Seems like he left our program for greener pastures but never turned up on another teams roster.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 11:16 AM #396708

Hundreds of players get left in the portal.

This will only get worse as the NCAA will soon officially allow a one-time free transfer for players.

Covid has made it difficult for late transfers and it will only get tougher when schools can bring back seniors next year and it will not count against the 85 man cap.

Unless your truly elite or there are truly extenuating circumstances it is best to stay put.
Back to the top

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe there’s an ongoing case against Robison. The fact Rick hasn’t denied it yet means that might be it.
Back to the top

The fact that rick hasn't said anything shows he is a professional. There is an old saying my father used to say. "It's none of your damn business. Now get over it ". What ever Chris has going on is between Chris, his family ,and his god. I alway hope that a young person learns and grows because they have a long life ahead of them. I miss chris. And i hope he is well.
Back to the top

No one asked Robison to be in the public eye. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen someone this high profile or anyone for that matter be off the team for no publicized reason.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Big Lerm said

This will only get worse as the NCAA will soon officially allow a one-time free transfer for players.

Covid has made it difficult for late transfers and it will only get tougher when schools can bring back seniors next year and it will not count against the 85 man cap.

Unless your truly elite or there are truly extenuating circumstances it is best to stay put.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 1:26 PM #396712

I understand and totally agree with you. But as I understand it the original team can take the player back if they get no bites. I would think Taggart would welcome him as he is in a position of need and would probably be a day 1 starter if not on the 2 deep at the very least.

Obviously I don’t know the details. Maybe Taggart has a policy about this or maybe it had to be done by a certain time.
Back to the top

It's got to be ultimate rejection to go into the transfer portal and nobody wants to give you an S'ship.   It will be good long term to the sport since lessor players no longer take up a roster spot.   Once you put in the paperwork for the portal, the team does not have to take you back so lessor players will just give up the sport or go as a walkon.
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Big Lerm said

Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 1:26 PM #396712

I understand and totally agree with you. But as I understand it the original team can take the player back if they get no bites. I would think Taggart would welcome him as he is in a position of need and would probably be a day 1 starter if not on the 2 deep at the very least.

Obviously I don’t know the details. Maybe Taggart has a policy about this or maybe it had to be done by a certain time.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2020, 2:13 PM #396724

I hope that ship has sailed. He didn’t take full advantage of this opportunity the first time. Time for us to cut bait and move on. 
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3280

Couple things on Chris, both from firsthand experience and things I heard last season and this summer. 

Chris had a very good support system last year, both inside the team and outside of it. The staff and powerful people at the school were VERY commited to Chris not having any repeat incidents. People Lane trusted checked in with Chris at practice, afterward, etc., to see how he was doing. 

That’s not to say Lane leaving directly threw Chris off the deep end. Don’t get me wrong. Just saying everything was here in place for him to succeed under the last staff. 

I want to emphasize there were no illegal benefits or anything like that. That’s not what I mean. I mean that Lane and people he trusted made sure Chris was OK and making smart moves. 

I don’t know the specifics of why Chris isn’t around here anymore. Taggart told the TB Times in September that it wasn’t the football team’s decision to part ways. Take that how you will. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: