Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Covid False positives

4 days after testing positive, Saban tests negative.

Apparently this a known issue.

https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/georgia-state-football-covid-false-positives/85-c3228de1-93bc-446d-80b1-61f5839e5e9f

What is FAU doing to cross check their covid tests?
Back to the top

These are the stories that have some people questioning the science. But I'm happy for coach Sabin
Back to the top

Local Owl said

These are the stories that have some people questioning the science. But I'm happy for coach Sabin
Posted On: Oct 17th 2020, 9:52 AM #396798

I am not questioning the science, I am questioning the validity of the specific tests they use. Very different
Back to the top

voss749 said

I am not questioning the science, I am questioning the validity of the specific tests they use. Very different
Posted On: Oct 17th 2020, 10:09 AM #396799

The issue is there is no uniformity to the rules.

FAU has and still is missing multiple players from practice from a positive test, but have followed up with multiple negatives because of the mandatory 14-day quarantine.

Whether it is scheduling or covid testing, the big boys get a different set of rules.
Back to the top

@Voss, I agree with you. I'm putting testing into the science category.  This thing snuck up on everyone. . No guidelines. No plans. We are learning as we go.
Back to the top

And yes Shane,  once again, it seems the big boys are playing with different rules
Back to the top
Control functions: