Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Marshall - October 24, 2020

Add topic

Let’s go Owls! Big game here. Let’s hope the team plays hard and are in position to win the game in the 4th. Let’s go!!! 🦉
Back to the top

Ya never know til ya play the game! Look at the pros, the Tennessee/Buffalo game where Tennessee had no practice and infection issues and yet blew away an undefeated team. Sounds familiar, no? We can hope!
Back to the top

Both teams have talent. But they have had a chance to gel  as a team. We'll  know  Saturday .
Back to the top

This is the only game, I think, that we are not favored in… Really hoping they show up, it's been a year since we last lost, and it was to marshal!

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

We have updates of both BJ Emmons and James Charles after the pair of RBs were listed as questionable two weeks ago for the USM game.

James Charles will be active.

BJ Emmons still listed as questionable with a "strained" ankle.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Moreover, you can follow along our coverage of COVID and FAU here. Coach Taggart did confirm that there was an increase of two positives since our last update last week. Both of those new positives were players that have already been in quarantine due to contact tracing.

Back to the top

Line has moved up to FAU +16.5; some books now showing +17.

Defensive Coordinator Jim Leavitt and co-Offensive Coordinator Drew Mehringer are both saying that Marshall will be a difficult challenge.

Back to the top

Seems like very little interest in the game.
Back to the top

This season has been the boy who cried Wolf. I’ll be interested if they get to kickoff. If they don’t play, I have Ole Miss and Northwestern (John Raine!) to watch and be invested in. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I noticed that Meiko Dotson was playing a lot in the 2nd half of the win against NC. 

I wouldn’t be that surprised if we put up a fight. There are some positives. We came really close to outscoring Charlotte 28-0 in the 2nd half. The team gelled. 

Also, the last 3 years we have come on strong from around this time in late October to play great football. Even in 2018 the losses after mid October were very close. Even with the lack of games they’re still practicing and getting better and better. I wouldn’t be surprised if we played well.
Back to the top
Control functions: