Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Marshall - October 24, 2020

Add topic

JakeElman said

If we win, is it a more impressive win both for the season and the program at large than SMU last year?
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2020, 7:36 PM #396872

I will fire a hot take.

If we win it is the most impressive in program history.

Considering everything going against us.

I told the Marshall Rivals forum in a Q and A that it would be 35-10 MU.

The good news after this week FAU would have by far played their two toughest games.

Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

JakeElman said

If we win, is it a more impressive win both for the season and the program at large than SMU last year?
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2020, 7:36 PM #396872

I will fire a hot take.

If we win it is the most impressive in program history.

Considering everything going against us.

I told the Marshall Rivals forum in a Q and A that it would be 35-10 MU.

The good news after this week FAU would have by far played their two toughest games.

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2020, 7:39 PM #396873

I completely agree with Shane. I'll put it like this: If we win this game we're going undefeated. If we lose this game, it probably will be our only loss and we'll have to find some other way to get to the championship.  But this win would be a statue-worthy win. We would have to build Taggart a statue next to Lane and Glenn Spenser, because he'd would've brought us something some of use have been waiting for 20 years for: a ranked FBS win.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I’m not saying we’re going to win. But I thought before the season started our O Line could be the best running line since 2017 and that we could finish near the top of the country in yards per carry. And we’re 3rd in the country. 

I think if we finish that drive and win 28-17 against Charlotte the line would be less than 17. I thought our D Line was outstanding. 

If we focus on the run and try to win the game on the ground I think we can maybe win the time of possession. We should turn it into a battle in the trenches. I’m not sure what’ll happen, but I think both of our lines are really good, better than the oddsmakers think I guess.
Back to the top

FAU will be rocking an all-white set on Saturday.

Say what you want about this new uniform design, but this all-white set is one of the best FAU has ever worn.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Is the game only on stadium ?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Is the game only on stadium ?
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2020, 5:46 AM #396878

It’s on Fox Sports Florida.

Stadium produces the game and Fox Sports affiliate pick them up.

It is good deal because it’s on most of their local affiliates across the country.
Back to the top

And it’s a good broadcast crew. Chris Hassel is a good guy, very knowledgeable. He does his research. Former Packers LB AJ Hawk is the color guy and they have great chemistry in the booth. 

This will not be a broadcast that gets basic FAU facts wrong. Outside of Ken and Kris, this is probably the best broadcast crew we’ll get this year. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Thanks. I will need to visit my local  water side rest/bar tonight to make sure they will have it before I visit it again tomorrow.  Pademic drinking .
Back to the top

Channel 402 Basic Comcast xfinity cable Palm Beach County
Back to the top

Just updated the original post with a direct link to the stream. A TV package that includes Sun Sports/Fox Sports Florida is required.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: