Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UTSA @ FAU - October 31, 2020

Add topic

A wins a wins a win. 2-1 to start the season, with most games we're favored in for the rest of the season.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

The97Revolution said

…with most games we're favored in for the rest of the season.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 4:52 PM #397177

ALL games  :Smug:
Back to the top

Hmmm,  am I the only one that walked away from that game  annoyed. Defensively, yes, magic.  We are lucky to have Jim Leavitt and it will most likely only be for one year.  Honestly I would have preferred him as head coach.  Leads me to my second thought, our offense is complete horse$@&÷. And its not only because our qb play is pathetic, it is the management of the offense as a whole.  Its complete garbage.  At least Kiffin understood the concept of a complete game plan and rotated offensive lines, rbs, and wide receivers (MAINLY OFFENSIVE LINES) so by the 4th qtr opponents were dead tired and done.  Our offense is being managed, and ran like a f@$#ing high-school program.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  Even with the poor qb play this should be a top 25 potential team in the year of covid.  U guys can bash me all u want but with the talent we have , the management of this team is garbage.  Period.  Rotate offensive lineman, bash it their down their throat.  How f@%#&*% complicated is it.  Posey better get playing time next game if he's eligible to practice this week.   Quit F#@$%^&! around.  
Back to the top

Rick said

The97Revolution said

…with most games we're favored in for the rest of the season.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 4:52 PM #397177

ALL games  :Smug:
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 4:54 PM #397178

We don't know who our bowl game matchup is…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Hmmm,  am I the only one that walked away from that game  annoyed. Defensively, yes, magic.  We are lucky to have Jim Leavitt and it will most likely only be for one year.  Honestly I would have preferred him as head coach.  Leads me to my second thought, our offense is complete horse$@&÷. And its not only because our qb play is pathetic, it is the management of the offense as a whole.  Its complete garbage.  At least Kiffin understood the concept of a complete game plan and rotated offensive lines, rbs, and wide receivers (MAINLY OFFENSIVE LINES) so by the 4th qtr opponents were dead tired and done.  Our offense is being managed, and ran like a f@$#ing high-school program.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  Even with the poor qb play this should be a top 25 potential team in the year of covid.  U guys can bash me all u want but with the talent we have , the management of this team is garbage.  Period.  Rotate offensive lineman, bash it their down their throat.  How f@%#&*% complicated is it.  Posey better get playing time next game if he's eligible to practice this week.   Quit F#@$%^&! around.  
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 5:08 PM #397181

Sun Sentinel reported Posey was back at practice earlier this week. If he is able to go next week, I’d like to see him get reps. 

Offensive line rotation might have been tricky this week because of when guys got back from COVID. But I also would like to see rotation if it’s feasible. I know they worked in Atcavage at some point, but he wore No. 82 in a video they posted. Wondering if he’s wearing that because he’s now the emergency TE?? 

I walked away midly annoyed with the QB play, but more annoyed at how RB room is ripped apart by injuries for the second year in a row. Last year, FAU was down to like the sixth-string RB at one point. It’s worse this year. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

I too would love to see Posey. Irvin Jr. Is non existent. TE  is non existent. Thank god our D coaches have the guys playing at a high level.  Any Sanders rumors? We need a big time qb.   
Back to the top

Rick said

If we were still in the Partridge era, we would would all be streaking naked across the administrative lawn right now…

24-3 against a team that puts up 27 PPG.

Yes we got spoiled offensively with 35 PPG every week, but i'll take it (for now).

That said, and to see the the other side, unless something drastically changes in the passing game, and Tronti keeps throwing the way he is, he will NOT be our starting QB next season even if Sanders doesn't come.

Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 4:45 PM #397176
We beat UTSA last year 40-26. Defense forced more turnovers but gave up a ton of yards. Tronti is not Chris Robison. Plus last year Harrison Bryant abused their secondary. The offense's problem is Tronti is not Chris Robison. They could use some better play calling at times but last year's defense would have lost this game and not win this game in a cake walk. Robison covered a lot of our defensive flaws. They did better as the season progressed.
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

But agree on some points, and appreciate the passion!

:cool: :Big-Grin:  :Winking:
Back to the top

JakeElman said

Roscoeowl said

Sun Sentinel reported Posey was back at practice earlier this week. If he is able to go next week, I’d like to see him get reps. 

Offensive line rotation might have been tricky this week because of when guys got back from COVID. But I also would like to see rotation if it’s feasible. I know they worked in Atcavage at some point, but he wore No. 82 in a video they posted. Wondering if he’s wearing that because he’s now the emergency TE?? 

I walked away midly annoyed with the QB play, but more annoyed at how RB room is ripped apart by injuries for the second year in a row. Last year, FAU was down to like the sixth-string RB at one point. It’s worse this year. 
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 6:09 PM #397184

BJ should return next week and Posey is not the answer the dude played reserve WR last year, just give Tronti time his passing has been getting better each week
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

This offense wont be like previous years you just have to accept it, I dont see why you are frustrated with the management of the team, yes the offense stagnates at times but we are WINNING GAMES and at the end of the day that is all that matters. We shut down UTSA the whole game and we were able to score 3 times and win by 21, what more could you ask for?
Back to the top
Control functions: