Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UTSA @ FAU - October 31, 2020

Add topic

Wow, we beat a pretty decent team by 3 touchdowns in a crazy/wash year, and I see some apparently unsatisifed customers. Tough crowd.
Back to the top

Defense is doing great. Offense is, in a word, boring.
Back to the top

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Roscoeowl said

Hmmm,  am I the only one that walked away from that game  annoyed. Defensively, yes, magic.  We are lucky to have Jim Leavitt and it will most likely only be for one year.  Honestly I would have preferred him as head coach.  Leads me to my second thought, our offense is complete horse$@&÷. And its not only because our qb play is pathetic, it is the management of the offense as a whole.  Its complete garbage.  At least Kiffin understood the concept of a complete game plan and rotated offensive lines, rbs, and wide receivers (MAINLY OFFENSIVE LINES) so by the 4th qtr opponents were dead tired and done.  Our offense is being managed, and ran like a f@$#ing high-school program.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  Even with the poor qb play this should be a top 25 potential team in the year of covid.  U guys can bash me all u want but with the talent we have , the management of this team is garbage.  Period.  Rotate offensive lineman, bash it their down their throat.  How f@%#&*% complicated is it.  Posey better get playing time next game if he's eligible to practice this week.   Quit F#@$%^&! around.  
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 5:08 PM #397181

This offense wont be like previous years you just have to accept it, I dont see why you are frustrated with the management of the team, yes the offense stagnates at times but we are WINNING GAMES and at the end of the day that is all that matters. We shut down UTSA the whole game and we were able to score 3 times and win by 21, what more could you ask for?
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 9:16 PM #397193

In Roscoe’s defense, I see his point. There was a point in the 4th qtr with about 8 min left where we went three straight pass plays when we could have killed a lot of clock to put us in good position to end the game. Very questionable play calling there and, the lack of execution was concerning as well. I have watched this year’s team for all three games start to finish. I’m comfortable saying that our D is a top G5 unit and Leavitt should get a lot credit for that. We will need to lean on the unit to win out which should be the expectation at this point. The offense does not look good though. Very questionable play calling and very uninspired QB play are my two big pet peeves with this team. I think Posey deserves a shot to show what he can do next week. Taggert Jr is too raw and Tronti is too one dimensional. This feels like a bridge year in a sense and hopefully once Sanders comes in, he can take control because we need a jolt offensively
Back to the top

Tronti passed well I thought. He had 3 drops and 2 could’ve been for good yardage. Add that to his numbers and it would look really good. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

THE WILLIE WAGON said

Roscoeowl said

Hmmm,  am I the only one that walked away from that game  annoyed. Defensively, yes, magic.  We are lucky to have Jim Leavitt and it will most likely only be for one year.  Honestly I would have preferred him as head coach.  Leads me to my second thought, our offense is complete horse$@&÷. And its not only because our qb play is pathetic, it is the management of the offense as a whole.  Its complete garbage.  At least Kiffin understood the concept of a complete game plan and rotated offensive lines, rbs, and wide receivers (MAINLY OFFENSIVE LINES) so by the 4th qtr opponents were dead tired and done.  Our offense is being managed, and ran like a f@$#ing high-school program.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  Even with the poor qb play this should be a top 25 potential team in the year of covid.  U guys can bash me all u want but with the talent we have , the management of this team is garbage.  Period.  Rotate offensive lineman, bash it their down their throat.  How f@%#&*% complicated is it.  Posey better get playing time next game if he's eligible to practice this week.   Quit F#@$%^&! around.  
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 5:08 PM #397181

This offense wont be like previous years you just have to accept it, I dont see why you are frustrated with the management of the team, yes the offense stagnates at times but we are WINNING GAMES and at the end of the day that is all that matters. We shut down UTSA the whole game and we were able to score 3 times and win by 21, what more could you ask for?
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 9:16 PM #397193

In Roscoe’s defense, I see his point. There was a point in the 4th qtr with about 8 min left where we went three straight pass plays when we could have killed a lot of clock to put us in good position to end the game. Very questionable play calling there and, the lack of execution was concerning as well. I have watched this year’s team for all three games start to finish. I’m comfortable saying that our D is a top G5 unit and Leavitt should get a lot credit for that. We will need to lean on the unit to win out which should be the expectation at this point. The offense does not look good though. Very questionable play calling and very uninspired QB play are my two big pet peeves with this team. I think Posey deserves a shot to show what he can do next week. Taggert Jr is too raw and Tronti is too one dimensional. This feels like a bridge year in a sense and hopefully once Sanders comes in, he can take control because we need a jolt offensively
Posted On: Oct 31st 2020, 10:08 PM #397197

Those 3 plays resulted in drops, one of which would've been a TD if caught, no shot Posey gets into action next week. Also Sanders is not a sure thing at this point….
Back to the top

So defense is incredible. We are lucky to have leavitt as our DC. 

Just my perspective on the rotating o lineman. You don’t rotate o lines. Lane rotated it last year to find better production at the guard position. If you have 5 solidified starters you’re gonna ride them every play. 
Back to the top

@delta….100% correct. You play non starters for injuries and once a game is in hand. No unit requires more cohesiveness then the O line. By now , the coaches should know who their five are
Back to the top

Delta/Local you are both correct!
Marshall have 5 seniors on the O Line and little or no rotation.
Working very well for them.
Rotation can lead to false starts which we have already.
Go with your starters and believe in them until practice shows something better.

This is our year of DEFENSE after three years of enjoying Kiffin type offense.
Let’s just keep winning and we will all be happy.
Back to the top

LOL some of the complaining is a bit much. Lane is one of the best offensive minds in college football, we were never going to replace that with $1 million/season, we were lucky to have him lets get real and move on. Robison was a top G5 QB, again we aren't replacing that.  It's okay to be happy about a blowout win and 2-1 record. Obviously, I'd like Marshall to lose 2 conference games but if it doesn't happen (It wont) we will have one lose and it was to a top 25 team.
Back to the top

Plus Marshall got to play FAU with 28 guys out for COVID and 15 players injured.  They should have crushed such a short handed team.
Back to the top
Control functions: