Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 38-19 Victory over FIU

jgf2017 said

The only exception is if the guy got kicked off the team for something stupid like Robison. 
Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:28 PM #397794

He didn't get kicked off the team, he didn't get suspended, he wasn't let go.

We need to be conscious of the fact that coaches, staff, and players read this forum and make sure that factual positions are our consistent look.

:cool:

Back to the top

Rick said

jgf2017 said

The only exception is if the guy got kicked off the team for something stupid like Robison. 

We need to be conscious of the fact that coaches, staff, and players read this forum and make sure that factual positions are our consistent look.

Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:52 PM #397795

Because the coaches, staff and players go to the owls nest for their information  :Laughing:  :Laughing:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I’m talking about Robison getting kicked off the Oklahoma team. The only good Players that transfer from P5 to G5 are ones that got kicked off the P5 team for something unrelated to performance on the field. Emmons is a good example. He didn’t make it at Alabama probably because he didn’t have good vision. He comes here and what do you know doesn’t have good vision. He’s not even close to as good as Davidson and Charles.

I’ve given up trying to find out why Robison isn’t here. I think he’s a deep cover CIA agent.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I’m talking about Robison getting kicked off the Oklahoma team. The only good Players that transfer from P5 to G5 are ones that got kicked off the P5 team for something unrelated to performance on the field. Emmons is a good example. He didn’t make it at Alabama probably because he didn’t have good vision. He comes here and what do you know doesn’t have good vision. He’s not even close to as good as Davidson and Charles.

I’ve given up trying to find out why Robison isn’t here. I think he’s a deep cover CIA agent.
Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:59 PM #397797

Emmons broke his foot which caused him to transfer to JUCO then to FAU, nothing to do with his vision.
Back to the top

Comment: #news_3306

I have to agree with jgf2017, the transfers coming from P5 programs are not better than the players FAU recruited. You would think someone coming from Clemson or Alabama would have a huge impact on the roster.

What is going on with Yanez Rogers, Terique Owens, Mathew Akuchi, BJ Alexander, Ronald Patterson, Jefftey Joseph, Brandon Robinson… all these guys are 6'3-6'4, are they being utilized?.
Same thing for the TEs, Irvin is mediocre, what's up with Ryan Cameron, Logan Peterson, Austin Evans, JAckson Wenstrom, Rahmod Smith, why is Irvin starting over these guys?
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:52 PM #397795

Because the coaches, staff and players go to the owls nest for their information  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:58 PM #397796

That's not what i said or inferred. It's because they read here in varying capacities and the site shouldn't be a rumor mill. 

Thanks for clarifying jfg 👍
Back to the top

I'm certain that a few folks affiliated with the school reads the posts. Not to make decisions . But to get a feel of the fans. Never hurts to know what a portion of your fan base are thinking.  
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Nov 15th 2020, 6:59 PM #397797

How does Keyshawn Greene fit into this equation? 
Back to the top

I just looked Greene up. I remember him transferring here now. It all comes down to whether he made it to camp when he was at Nebraska and how he performed. From what I read Football was cancelled in the Big 10 at the point.

If he never practiced at Nebraska and no one knows how good he would’ve been then I’d say he has a much better chance to be a great player than all the P5 transfers that couldn’t cut it at their P5 school and wouldn’t get any playing time. 

Even guys like Chase really aren’t that good. I’d rather try to develop receivers that weren’t transfers. Every P5 transfer who couldn’t get playing time has limitations in their game that will show up at G5. I’d say Greene probably has a much better chance than P5 transfers who didn’t make it t their school.

I’m not always right. I’m just saying generally that’s how it goes. Although there really isn’t any P5 transfer that’s been good the last few years.
Back to the top

Greene is a blue chip prospect that was recruited to FSU by Coach Woodie, I dont think he even made it to Nebraska’s camp. Yes I see what your saying about the other guys but this transfer is basically FAU getting a blue chip P5 starting talent guy straight from high school.
Back to the top
Control functions: