Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UMass @ FAU - November 20, 2020

Add topic

The Owls welcome The Minutemen to Schnellenberger Field

The Matchup: Massachusetts (0-2) at Florida Atlantic (4-1, C-USA 4-1)

When: Friday, November 20, 8:00 PM

Where: Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Boca Raton, FL

The Series: The Owls and Minutemen have never met on the gridiron.

UMass Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison:

Game Information

TV: CBS Sports Network

Stream: CBSSN Online

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU -32

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We can win every game for the rest of the season and still not make it to the championship. We'll need one Marshall loss to get a slight chance. Doesn't matter too much especially in this weird season. But if CUSA can be decided by just one game in one division by the two top teams, it would be hard for us to be taken seriously nationally. Hope they pull an AAC and just get rid of divisions completely. Marshall or FAU could steamroll the West Division Champions.

As for this game, it's UMass. Hope to see some Tronti and Taggart Jr snaps, but this should be a easy one for the Owls. Hopefully we just run up the score on them to draw some attention. 

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Wow, you don't see that too often. FAU -32.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 12:48 PM #397806

I doubt we cover 32 points the way out offense has been playing. I say we open up the playbook and let posey try to
throw the ball downfield even if its not successful. Need to groom posey for next year. 
Back to the top

Im taking -32 line should move down a little during the week. FAU will light it up this week with what they know Posey can do now.
Back to the top

Whatever the under is I’d take that!
Back to the top

Big Lerm said

Whatever the under is I’d take that!
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 8:42 PM #397824

Good Call!!
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

illinoisowl said

I doubt we cover 32 points the way out offense has been playing. I say we open up the playbook and let posey try to
throw the ball downfield even if its not successful. Need to groom posey for next year. 
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 7:56 PM #397822

+1 

We found our QB of the future. Posey is the next Quinten Flowers. Change my mind. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

illinoisowl said

+1 

We found our QB of the future. Posey is the next Quinten Flowers. Change my mind. 
Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 9:22 PM #397826

I like the way you think. I need to see him throw more. I like his athleticism. One thing I like is he seems better at making reads. Things that were not there under tronti were open with posey. I say play posey and take our lumps. Worries me from a turnover standpoint but If we win 2 out of the next 4 we still 6-3. Let him take his lumps. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

1OwlFLATL said

illinoisowl said

+1 

Posted On: Nov 16th 2020, 9:22 PM #397826

Hope so, need to see how he performs vs a formidable opponent first.  I dont think that is going to happen in 2020.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: