Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: UMass @ FAU - November 20, 2020

Add topic

Completely unrelated, but I loved the fact that we got a Jeep to lead the team out on the field. I've said we've should off done that years ago. 

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

The97Revolution said

Completely unrelated, but I loved the fact that we got a Jeep to lead the team out on the field. I've said we've should off done that years ago. 
Posted On: Nov 21st 2020, 12:14 AM #397980

I thought it was cool too. Reminded me of ga tech but a modern version.
Back to the top

I think I figured it out. If it’s 4th and goal and a player fumbles and his teammate recovers in the end zone, the td does not count. The other team gets the ball at the spot of the fumble. It might be a touchback but I don’t think so. On 4th and goal the player who fumbles needs to be the one to recover it.

Since Posey got the first down the ball was placed at the 1 yard line. If it was 4th and goal the other team would’ve gotten the ball. 

This happened in 1990 In a Bills game and the running back on 4th and goal recovered his own fumble so the touchdown counted. I was really mad because I wanted the Bills to lose. I’m surprised at how many people didn’t even know that rule. The radio broadcast team had no clue what was going on.
Back to the top

1OwlFLATL said

The97Revolution said

Posted On: Nov 21st 2020, 12:14 AM #397980

I thought it was cool too. Reminded me of ga tech but a modern version.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2020, 12:16 AM #397981

Has some good Paradise vibes. Like you're driving to the beach. I'm imagining that post-COVID with some added FX. Would look sick. I'll definitely miss the Red Monster, though.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Ok….did not like this game. We played bad and was nationally televised. Posey is am amazing athlete. Very very raw.  So much to work on IF Willie has plans for him at qb. A college  qb doesn't need to make all the throws. But he needs to be able to make the easy throws. I'm kind of disappointed in his inability to throw. He had so many skills  that an arm would make him unstoppable. Now …wjat the heck happened to the o line. Yes, they filled the box. But bet the guy you are assigned to. We won. But umass  is a work in progress that are no where as good as us and we did not perform. I do not think we should stop looking for a big time qb.
Back to the top

I think I can sense a little concern from the owls nest personal. Nice to have reporters that can be totally honest and not homers.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I think I can sense a little concern from the owls nest personal. Nice to have reporters that can be totally honest and not homers.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2020, 6:26 AM #397987

I will have my five takeaway's but the QB room showed some things that is more than "he will get better.''
Back to the top

I've had concerns about the offense with Tronti, I still have concerns with Posey.
Posey was sacked SIX TIMES… UMass had 6 sacks and 14 TFL. OL lost a step last night.

We got a W, which is great. but I still have my doubts for the rest of the season.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

I've had concerns about the offense with Tronti, I still have concerns with Posey.
Posey was sacked SIX TIMES… UMass had 6 sacks and 14 TFL. OL lost a step last night.

We got a W, which is great. but I still have my doubts for the rest of the season.

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Nov 21st 2020, 9:23 AM #397991

Agreed – but 5 - 1 with our QB situation in a sort of throw away year – will take it!
Back to the top

This game raised more questions than answers, Posey and Oline looked horrible, UMASS HAD 5 SACKS???

Very concerning but we still won.
Back to the top
Control functions: