Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Five Takeaway's from FAU's 24-2 Victory over UMASS

The Owls finished their likely 2020 home slate to move to 5-1 on the season with a 24-2 victory over UMASS. Despite the scoreboard, FAU fans did not end the evening feeling great about their football team.

Read more

We beat Middle Tennessee State in 2004 on September 18 in Murfreesboro when FAU was a division 1AA school 27-20. It was not a conference game as we were not Division 1A yet.  Jared Allen was the QB. It was also the year we beat Hawaii and Coach June Jones who was coach of the Atlanta Falcons before going back to the college game.
the 2004 team was one of our better teams. We made the playoffs as an independent.. We were not in the Sun Belt conference yet.

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs Florida Atlantic Owls Saturday, September 18, 2004 - Bing

Back to the top

One great thing about having Taggart here besides coaching ability and publicity which may have been part of us getting votes in the AP poll this week, is that he’s got a lot on the line here at FAU. There’s tens of millions of dollars at stake as far as getting back to the P5 and a decent job at that. 

I have complete confidence that he will bring in a transfer QB or 2 that can pass. Whether it’s Posey or a transfer, there needs to be the threat of more than 100 yards passing. 
Back to the top

When I watch the sun belt teams and the arms on some of those qb's, I just wonder what we were thinking. I know the plan was Chris to start and Nick to back up. But dang,
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

One great thing about having Taggart here besides coaching ability and publicity which may have been part of us getting votes in the AP poll this week, is that he’s got a lot on the line here at FAU. There’s tens of millions of dollars at stake as far as getting back to the P5 and a decent job at that. 
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2020, 5:53 PM #398060

:lol:  
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 8:37 AM #398063

What about this part of the post?

jgf2017 said

I have complete confidence that he will bring in a transfer QB or 2 that can pass. Whether it’s Posey or a transfer, there needs to be the threat of more than 100 yards passing. 

I am 100% CERTAIN that we wont be looking at the same situation next year, and this is spot on.

Back to the top

I think this is about the FSU thing again. The fact is Taggart if he succeeds here will be back in the P5 with a contract worth about 20 million somewhere. 

FSU fans can’t look at things objectively and don’t see it’s the administration. 
Back to the top

Rick said

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

I am 100% CERTAIN that we wont be looking at the same situation next year, and this is spot on.

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 9:51 AM #398064

Glad to hear that @rick I see recievers running wide open just need someone to hit them in stride.
Back to the top

Rick said

cbboarder said

jgf2017 said

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 9:51 AM #398064

That's why I removed that part of the post. But you have to admit the first part is quite a stretch.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I think this is about the FSU thing again. The fact is Taggart if he succeeds here will be back in the P5 with a contract worth about 20 million somewhere. 

FSU fans can’t look at things objectively and don’t see it’s the administration. 
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2020, 1:58 PM #398066

I hope you're not insinuating I'm an FSU fan? Nothing could be further from the truth…..

Willie T is only succeeding here because of the talent on the defensive side of the ball, both Coaches and players. Otherwise, we're 2-4.
Back to the top
Control functions: