Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in the Ungar Memorial Tournament - Nov 25th - 28th, 2020

Add topic

Nevertheless, the game was very entertaining. There is no shame in losing to this solid South Alabama side, although the way the loss happened stings. That said, the entertainment value from the Owls' play makes up for the sour-taste of the loss. This team will be fun to watch.

Here are some quick hits as FAU falls to South Alabama 68-66:

Style of Play

• The team looks more skillful compared to years past. The combination of strength and finesse down low was fun to watch. The ball movement was crisp and the turnovers were limited, meaning the offense refused to stagnate.

• Defense was tenacious, never allowing free buckets. Although the Owls can't win on that alone, especially against the likes of North Texas and Western Kentucky, it is a building block that will give FAU opportunities to pull off upsets come conference play.

• Offensive rebounding has improved, which could single handedly turn games in our favor later in the season.

Individual Performances

• Ingram had an off night, but Winchester made some gorgeous plays down low to make up for it. Ingram did become the fourth player in program history to score 1,000+ points and collect 500+ boards in a career.

• BJ Greenlee is a baller. If we can get half of tonight's production out of him on a weekly basis, then we've easily found our replacement for Scuta. The Minnesota transfer shot 7-10 3FG, which picked up for Forrest's disappointing performance along the arc.

• Great to see true freshman Elijah Martin score five in eight minutes of action, including a clutch three-pointer to kickstart the Owls' second half rally. You can read more about Martin in our piece on his commitment to FAU Basketball, here.

• Hide the women and the children, because Blackshear's steal and dunk was absolutely disgusting. There has not been an FAU individual showcasing their athleticism like that in a long time. A video of the play is embedded on the previous page. Trust me, you'll want to see it.

The team will enjoy their Thanksgiving holiday in Mobile before facing Jacksonville State Friday afternoon. The Gamecocks dropped their season opener to Alabama 81-57.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Seems like we put up a great fight vs a very good Belt team.

Hoping the team takes another step this year.

Back to the top

Getting set for Game 2 in Mobile. Sadly, no TV or stream for this afternoon's tilt. With Ken on his way to Murfreesboro with the football team, Andy Seeley will take over the play-by-play duties on the FAU Radio Network.

Ingram gets his first start of the season after coming off the bench on Wednesday. Greenlee starts again after a career high 25 points.

Back to the top

Six minutes in and Greenlee already has two fouls against him. He's going to head to the bench.

Niang misses a pull-up jumper, gets his own rebound, and lays it in for FAU's first basket in some time.

Owls need to do a better job if limiting turnovers.

FAU trails 12-7 at the 12:00 mark of the first half.

Back to the top

And now we're on a run! Mike Forrest caps it off with a four-point play!

Back to the top

Man, Ingram is having back-to-back off games. He's 1-5 so far after missing a three-pointer badly.

Silins leads all scorers with seven points, including one of FAU's three three-pointers.

We're tied at 20 a piece with 3:15 remaining in the half.

Back to the top

That. Was. UGLY!

Back to the top

Team is struggling in the second half, now going two and a half minutes without a score. Owls down ten.

Back to the top

Just don't get it. Owls follow up a solid performance, albeit in a losing effort, to a good South Alabama side, then lay a dud against Jacksonville State.

Back to the top

Two games in and we are playing lime the FAU  owls.  So disappointing. Let's get over the hump.
Back to the top
Control functions: