Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in the Ungar Memorial Tournament - Nov 25th - 28th, 2020

Add topic

No way to sugarcoat it, that was ugly. Team followed up a good performance with a total dud.

Here are some quick hits as FAU drops their second straight, falling to Jacksonville State 60-50:

Team Play

• Ball movement is much improved from last year, but the nine first half turnovers were costly. That resulted in eight extra points for JSU off of six extra possessions.

• Defense played well in the first half, although it was sloppy at times. The sloppiness increased as the game opened up in the later stages. JSU shot 58% from the floor in the second half, while going to the charity stripe for 18 second half free throws.

• Rebounding was simply not good enough, especially on the defensive glass. JSU collected 12 offensive rebounds against FAU's 22 defensive rebounds.

Individual Performances

• A couple nights ago, I said if we're able to get half of Greenlee's performance from Wednesday night, then we've found our replacement for Scuta. Well, looks like it may not be so easy. Greenlee scored a point from three field goal and three free throw attempts.

• Silins worked magic inside the paint and along the perimeter, leading the team with 12 points and 7 rebounds. The Latvian national team player also went 1-2 from the arc.

• Considering how well Silins played, that should have opened opportunities for Ingram to capitalize on favorable matchups. But he had another off night, shooting 4-13 from the field; not even close to the production we are used to from FAU's star forward.

Owls have no other choice but to regroup and attempt to finish the Ungar Memorial Tournament on a positive note. That should be an easier task than the previous couple as tomorrow's opponent, the University of Mobile, is an NAIA school.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2020-21 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

The third in final game from Mobile is underway. No excuses for not getting the win today. Although University of Mobile played will against their intra-city rivals of South Alabama last night.

Back to the top

Team is playing so well defensively, absolutely suffocating Mobile early.

Oh, an Ingram looks like he's back on form. Combine the two, and Mobile will have no chance.

Back to the top

Yep, Ingram is back. He has 11 points in 8 minutes of court action, shooting 4-5 from the field.

Owls are up 20-5 with less than 8 minutes remaining in the opening half.

Back to the top

Bout time!
Back to the top

It's all FAU today. We're about 4 minutes away from the break and the Owls lead 35-12. Freshman Johnell Davis slams home a put back attempt for his fifth point of the day. Don't look now, but that is FAU's second highest scorer right now.

I know that doesn't seem like much, but the freshmen played lights out in the highly competitive high school ranks in the Hoosier state. And just about everybody on the roster has scored today.

Back to the top

WOW! What a half! Owls have already blown by Mobile's margin of their loss to South Alabama last night.

Back to the top

Looks like Winchester's day is done. He's still in his jersey, but walking around with a limp along the bench. No need to force him back on the court.

Back to the top

Have yourself a day, Nicholas Boyd!

Back to the top

OWLS WIN!

Ingram has his best performance of the campaign, but it's the freshmen that steal the show!

Back to the top
Control functions: