Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 12-5-20

Add topic

Week 14 of Conference USA action currently features five games spread over four days, provided there are no cancellations or postponements due to COVID-19. One conference game is scheduled for Thursday night, two league games and one non-conference tilt are slated on Saturday, and the action finishes up with a rare Sunday afternoon conference matchup.

Louisiana Tech (4-3, 3-2 in C-USA) hasn’t played since Halloween due to four straight COVID-19-related postponements, but will look to get back on the field Thursday night vs. North Texas (3-4, 2-3 in C-USA) in Denton. Expect points to be scored, as the Mean Green is second in the league in scoring offense (34.3 points per game) and the Bulldogs are fourth (30.2).

Rice (1-2, 1-2 in C-USA) will visit No. 15 Marshall (7-0, 4-0 in C-USA). The game will feature standout linebackers in Owls senior Blaze Alldredge (32 tackles, one sack in three games) and Thundering Herd senior Tavante Beckett (69 tackles, 1 fumble forced, two fumbles recovered in seven games).

FIU (0-5, 0-3 in C-USA) will make a trip to Charlotte to face a 49ers team (2-3, 2-1 in C-USA) that is trying to get back into action for the first time in 35 days. Panthers senior RB D’Vonte Price is averaging 116.2 yards per game with four touchdowns in five outings. Charlotte junior QB Chris Reynolds averages 220.0 yards per game through the air with six TD passes in five games.

Florida Atlantic (5-1, 4-1 in C-USA) will be seeking its fifth straight victory when it steps out of conference to visit Georgia Southern (6-4, 4-3 in Sun Belt) in a matchup that was postponed back in September. Redshirt freshman QB Javion Posey is 2-0 as the Owls starting quarterback and has run for 332 yards and three touchdowns in nine quarters of action this season.

UAB (4-3, 2-1 in C-USA) hasn’t played since Halloween due to a bye and three straight COVID-19-related postponements, but will look to get back into action with a Sunday afternoon game three hours up the road at Middle Tennessee (3-6, 2-4 in C-USA). The Blazers defense is third in the league in total defense (328.6 yards per game) and scoring defense (23.4 points per game). That unit will be challenged by Blue Raiders junior QB Asher O’Hara, who leads C-USA in total offense at 284.3 yards per game with 12 passing touchdowns and seven rushing scores.

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3

LA Tech at North Texas (CBSSN) 6:30 pm

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5

FIU at Charlotte (ESPN3) 12 pm

Rice at (15) Marshall (ESPN+) 12 pm

FAU at Georgia Southern (ESPN+) 6 pm

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6

WKU at Charlotte (ESPN3) 12 pm

UAB at Middle Tennessee (TBA) 2:30 pm
Back to the top

I almost forgot we're  still playing football. I hope we can pull off a win in Georgia. Could be chilly
Back to the top

Yet another week, another FIU game called off due to COVID issues within the Panthers' program. In response, Charlotte has already re-scheduled WKU to visit Charlotte this Sunday.

Elsewhere, Middle Tennessee backs out of their game against UAB just days after the game was announced. UAB is looking for another opponent as they may need to play one more game in order to be eligible for the C-USA Championship.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

What a year. I wish we could go back in time and tell Marshall  we are too sick to play. Live and learn.
Back to the top

I completely question the FIU issue.

They have probably had the entire athletic department and every single student athlete get infected by now.

Winless is the bug they have, and will finish the season with.
Back to the top

Rick said

I completely question the FIU issue.

They have probably had the entire athletic department and every single student athlete get infected by now.

Winless is the bug they have, and will finish the season with.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2020, 6:05 PM #398256

Interesting enough, it doesn't seem to be an issue for their basketball program, who just happen to be the only winning team in the whole FIU athletics department.

Definitely seems weird that COVID just happens to have missed that one program, yet has ravaged all the others, including football FOR OVER A MONTH.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

What a year. I wish we could go back in time and tell Marshall  we are too sick to play. Live and learn.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2020, 5:59 PM #398255

At this point…. I think I agree with you Local. Seems like the conference is willing to move things around to appease teams that have had COVID issues that are in division winning positions. Shame that we get punished for going through with the game.

Back to the top

FIU is in a tough spot…that program is arguably worse off than it was when Butch took over because they have made zero progess in four years and FAU has three winning seasons in four years. (Say what you want about the winning record this year in less games, but you play the games and you win.)

I'm just going to keep saying this. C-USA will belong to FAU and Marshall in the years to come, at least in the East. Healy is likely leaving UNCC within the next two seasons, MTSU is in purgatory, ODU is a question mark under Rahne (Wilder left them in awful shape) and I think they can be a solid progam, but not one to win the East.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

JakeElman said

FIU is in a tough spot…that program is arguably worse off than it was when Butch took over because they have made zero progess in four years and FAU has three winning seasons in four years. (Say what you want about the winning record this year in less games, but you play the games and you win.)
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2020, 8:51 PM #398263

sshhhh, don't wake up the sleeping giant
Back to the top

I’ve learned from Rob. They’re close to an airport. And obviously it’s a wonderful place to live. 
Back to the top
Control functions: