Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Monroe College DE Nick Evans Commits to FAU Football's Class of 2021

Add topic

Nick Evans
DE
6-4, 270
Monroe College
New Rochelle, NY

Recruited by defensive line coach Kevin Patrick and offered by the Owls on June 16th. Had reported interest from Auburn.

Updated 2021 Class Listing
Back to the top

Rick said

Nick Evans
DE
6-4, 270
Monroe College
New Rochelle, NY

Recruited by defensive line coach Kevin Patrick and offered by the Owls on June 16th. Had reported interest from Auburn.

Updated 2021 Class Listing

Posted On: Jul 15th 2020, 5:47 PM #395317

Buddy is a solid 270Ib DE. The recruiting has been amazing so far. If FAU can just replace the Minnesota game with somebody decent. These next 2 years are prime to crash the G5 spot for the NY6 bowl game. You have Robison for 2 years then Sanders/Taggart Junior for another 4-5 years.
Back to the top

Nick was a late bloomer size-wise coming out of high and did not gain a lot of attention until his first year in JUCO when he moved to DL.

Nick had a lot more offers and interest than what was listed.

Huge get by Kevin Patrick.
Back to the top

I have a feeling this guy will end up playing like a 4 or 5 star. The staff that we have for recruiting THE DL is amazing. When you have the recruiting coordinator Woodie and the DL coach Patrick. I’d expect even more good looking players at this position. He seems like a late bloomer that Auburn was interested in.
The 2017 and 2019 teams had great great staffs. But this staff is a lot better. This is one of the best coaching staffs ever. It’s a staff you’d expect for a dynasty. You’ve got incredibly respected coaches and recruiters and guys like Patrick who have NC rings.
Back to the top

And don't forget the DC. A few weeks ago I was concerned with the defensive side of the ball. Today I am loving the list of committed players and getting Leroy back was great news. I only pray thgat I will be able to sit in section 105 and enjoy Owl football this season.  This coaching staff, from a team building point of view,  is the best I've seen. If we can sign all these guys, the future of FAU football is as bright as any school in the nation.
Back to the top

Not the best competition playing against but man what a body & motor! Exactly what you look for in a defensive end!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

This is the most important position DL. By far. And it’s funny bc anyone who actually knows football would’ve known from day 1 the kind of staff we have. I think Coach Taggart hired Leavitt and Patrick early. When I hear about that I knew exactly that he was a great football coach. Then I read Taggart brought his guys who have been with him at a lot of stops. I really don’t think there’s a better recruiting coordinator than Raymond Woodie. 
Playing for Taggart is very attractive. Obviously the facilities are huge too. The location is huge. We can take advantage of that. I think that every recruit would want to come here if we moved up conferences. There’s unlimited potential. They don’t want to be in Orlando or Tampa. Cmon let’s not sugarcoat it. We are by far a more attractive location for these young men. And that can propel us to the top when it comes. 
Back to the top

As Shane shared in the discussion thread, Evans has decommitted…

Don't look into this…moving on  :Winking:
Back to the top

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. The playing time might not be there at P5 schools. It would make more sense for him to play here.

Dotson played 3 games and got hurt. Although they’re saying he will be back next year and will be one of the best corners in the ACC. I think I’m going to free solo Mt. Everest.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2020, 10:32 PM #398267

Not the case here…

Back to the top
Control functions: